MontyP
Question about Blocks
  • 2004/4/22 19:14

• MontyP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/23

Greetings!

This may be a simple question, I've not found anything specifically pertaining to my situation in search though.

What I'm looking to do is move 2 side by side blocks (2 news modules - Top Stories and Recent stories) to the bottom of the main page as side by side blocks.

I've set the weight to 5 and 6 - I have total 6 blocks shown in center of main page - but they don't go to the bottom - they stay at the top! I've also tried giving them both the same number (ie 5 and 5 ) thinking that may work - but they continue to show up at the top.

Is there something in the code that says centered centered blocks and left and right centered blocks apply weights separately, with side blocks taking preference?

Sorry if my question is long winded but I wanted to give all info best as I can. Running 2.0.6 version btw.

Thanks!

ikaoodle
Re: Question about Blocks
  • 2004/4/22 19:27

• ikaoodle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/17

Hi excuse me iam fearly new to on XOOPS but maybe this can help, i posted nearly the same question a few days ago :)

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18932&forum=27

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=18773&forum=20

MontyP
Re: Question about Blocks
  • 2004/5/4 15:45

• MontyP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/23

I discovered the solution to my problem - it was the theme causing the misplacement of blocks (TechThemConfig apparently sets side by sides at the top of page overriding the setting in the control panel).

When I switch to XOOPS default all is as I set, when I do one of the TTC themes, blocks head to top!

LOL - such a simple answer. I've mentioned this over on their boards - this is such a sweet mod I'll live with it! :)

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits