Dreakon
Is this possible?
  • 2004/4/19 18:32

• Dreakon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/4 1

I kind of got rid of my site (not on accident, I assumed I wouldn't bother updating it anymore, but I recently wanted to open it again) and I am considering bringing it back. I dont have the SQL database but I want to keep everything I had on the site like all the content stuff. I still have all the files for the site but I no longer have the database. Do I have to actually reinstall (use install/index.php) XOOPS or can I just upload the files, make the MySQL database again (with the same name and database) and it will work?

Herko
Re: Is this possible?
  • 2004/4/19 18:46

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The content is stored in the database, so if you've lost that, you've lost your content...

If you have your original files, and reinstall the database, then it should work, yes. Check the original mainfile.php file for the details about the database.

Herko

Dreakon
  • 2004/4/19 19:04

• Dreakon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/4 1

Well I dont have the sql file that would've been made when exporting (like if I were to change servers). But I have the XOOPS folder and the html folder with all the stuff like modules and themes in it.

Should I just recreate the MySQL database with the same username and password and database that I used before? Then upload all the files I have on my PC? Should it work when I use index.php or do I have to install XOOPS again?

Herko
  • 2004/4/19 19:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I see. An empty database is useless. It's best to reinstall, and then add your theme to the site...

The modules need to have their tables to function, and if you don't have the SQL dump, then the only way to create those tables is by reinstalling.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

91 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 91

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits