sol812
I really need some help
  • 2004/4/14 14:14

• sol812

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/4 1

as you maybe have read before I have write that I am not able anymore to upload and install more modules on XOOPS 2.6

I have uninstall most of the modules to se if any confligt was with 1 module , but nothing seems to help

do we have someboddy who serious can tell me how to get my system back to normal - so I can upload a few more modules
and install them - just write what you need of info to help me

wait your feedback
SOL812

Herko
Re: I really need some help
  • 2004/4/14 16:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Can you tell us exactly where it goes wrong? WHat did you do to install them, what error messages are you getting (turn on php debug in the system admin -> preferences -> general settings page), what modules are your trying to upload and install? That information will help us to give you any helpful answer.

Herko

sol812
  • 2004/4/14 18:53

• sol812

• Just popping in

1)you ask = WHat did you do to install them.
my reply = I normal ftp up the modules like the others -
after this I go and login as admin and look in modules after the install icon of the modul I had upload - but there is nothing - in beginning I had no trubles - after some times it begin act strange - now if upload gallery or any other modules I cant get any install icones - and no errors - becourse screen of new upload not show up.

You ask = what modules are your trying to upload and install?
My reply = xcGallery and other articel modules to 2.6

I casn turnon the debugging , but I not get any instal icons so no action is made to see anything errors -

you welcome to get my administrator ID and password

let me know

SOL812

sol812
  • 2004/4/14 19:10

• sol812

• Just popping in

Ok, I put debug = ON
and got just 1 error = Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdefine() in /home/easyfindproperty/public_html/modules/imenu/language/english/modinfo.php on line 1

other modules I have but not show up is

zmagazine
xcgal
imenu

but can be any other modul if I upload something it will not display

I hope this help

SOL812

ajaxbr
  • 2004/4/14 19:15

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Have you double checked whether all needed files were uploaded? (I've missed this many times myself)

Have you tried updating the System module? How about going to preferences and updating general modules' cache so that your cache is cleaned?

Do you still have other unistalled modules up there that have available install icons?

JackJ
  • 2004/4/14 19:19

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

public_html/modules/imenu?

imenu is causing a fatal error, I do know a recent version of imemu has problems with 2.06

edit: I am thinking of multimenu, but this module is causing a fatal error

The first thing you need to do is uninstall or trace the problem in imenu and see what the score is after that.

I don't use imenu so have no code reference

sol812
  • 2004/4/14 19:34

• sol812

• Just popping in

yes you right - I did remove the Imenu from system via ftp software - and that help to get the 3 other programs to display there icons again.

I had imenu installed before - without this problems - but imenu never show up in the admin menu and I never have used it - later it made more confligt - but since the developer of imenu not update it anymore abot someboddy can find the error and fix it - as we need a tool to edit easy the menu ,-))

Thanks ALL for help - I will be back if more truble
SOL812

sol812
  • 2004/4/14 19:38

• sol812

• Just popping in

Thanks Ajaxbr

Yes I did all this before I begin make a call for help on the forum - I have sit the last several days and try find out myself -

I now try se if the imenu was the big problem -otherwise I will be back -

thank you again

SOL812

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits