Rjupiter
Ok, I did this now how do I fix it?
  • 2004/4/12 12:39

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/27

I wanted to edit the template for mydownloads which I did and to me (when I was odne) it looked fine cause I was viewing through mozilla. But for some reason when it is viewed through IE the preview images do not show up.

Example:

Mozilla:
www.sublevel28.com/hack.gif

IE:

www.prettybrush.sublevel28.com/pic.jpg

I am not sure why it is doing this.

m0nty
Re: Ok, I did this now how do I fix it?
  • 2004/4/12 17:23

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it would help you more to just post links to your site instead of to screenshot images in this case..

i've checked, but guests aren't allowed to view the downloads section on your site, i haven't the time to go thru the register process at the moment..

check your file permissions in the images folders etc and make sure they're readable to every1 and not just the owner etc..

try chmod to 777 and see if that helps.. but by all accounts if mozilla can view them then IE should be able to aswell unless there's some issues with your css files or htaccess etc..

Rjupiter
  • 2004/4/13 2:15

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

hey, thanx for helping and sorry about the permission problem I forgot to turn it off before posting. If you would look at the site now www.prettybrush.sublevel28.com/xoops you will see the problem with the downloads area. I tried to chmod but that didn't work I am really at a loss.

Chainsaw
  • 2004/4/13 4:46

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Hmmmmmm... yeah that's weird aye???

I had a look at the site on IE6 and FireFox. The image to the right of description can be seen in Firefox but not in IE6.

Had a look at the source code and both were identical.

I see you are using 7dana's theme. Their styleNN and styleMAC CSS is linked to the style.css file I think.

Did you play around with the style files at all?

Rjupiter
  • 2004/4/13 15:29

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

Yes, I did mess with the css files I even tried using one from another theme all togther but still no images in IE.

m0nty
  • 2004/4/13 16:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

hmmmm very strange indeed..

i've checked your css files and your theme.html, and the sources when viewing the page, and as mentioned they are both identical.

which to me exclused it from being a stylesheet or theme error..

i'd be more inclined to go for a server permission problem..

in your mydownloads folder, chmod images folder to 777, also chmod all folders inside the images folder to 777 and also all the files aswell and try that..

u shudn't have to but i did notice on my site once, that some of the image folders had to be set 777 and the files themselves had to be 777 or IE didn't read them for sum reason or other. I think it's definitely an issue with the way IE reads them, and Microsoft really needs to take their head out of their asses and make IE fully css and w3c compliant..

other than what's already been suggested i can't think of anything else to try..

Rjupiter
  • 2004/4/14 16:59

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

Well I tried doing the CHMOD and still nothing. THis is not good at all. I am thinking that I might have to reinstall the whole things cause the images did work before so something must have happened. I just don't want to have to go through adding all 170 files back into the downloads area.

Thanx for trying to help.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits