joehyc
banner display duration
  • 2004/4/8 3:08

• joehyc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/10

Does anybody know how to set the duration in showing banner, for example how can I set a banner showing one day long?

Many thanks~

Stewdio
Re: banner display duration
  • 2004/4/8 3:26

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

As you have most likely noticed already, the banner is coded in such a way that it will change when the browser is refreshed or when a user goes to a new page.

As it is right now, there are no other options for the banner display, such as duration. You will find that this standard is universal across most site for greater market penetration for the advertisment and it is somewhat difficult to determine how long a user will be on a page to have banners switch around that often.

JackJ
  • 2004/4/8 3:33

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

you could use phpads as a standalone, I think it does the the daily thing, it has a lot more scope and flexibility. You can use the code generated from the phpads banner's in the XOOPS banner facility

i.e.

Determine how often a banner is shown
Distribute banner impressions evenly over each hour of the day and evenly over multiple days.
It is possible to let campaigns run without any limitiations, an activation and expiration date, a maximum number of impressions or clicks, or a combination of both.

http://phpadsnew.com/two/features.html

Their also is a phpads module for XOOPS somewhere, if you do a search

joehyc
  • 2004/4/9 5:38

• joehyc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/10

Thx all your tips and help. I will try it later today.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits