Dreakon
Putting it back on?
  • 2004/3/13 1:10

• Dreakon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/4 1

Here's the story...

I had to delete my site on my host for a certain reason (it's long and I don't feel like explaining it) and now I want to put it back on my account. I have it all uploaded to the exact same place it was before and I remade the MySQL username and database with all the same information it used before. I am now trying to get into...

My Site

... and it's blank. I have no idea what to do to fix this so I hope someone can help me. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

P.S: I am 100% positive the MySQL Username and Password are correct.

P.S #2: I had to remake the MySQL database and username to try and use the site again after I uploaded. Hopefully this doesnt mean I cant use my files...

JackJ
Re: Putting it back on?
  • 2004/3/13 2:01

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Dreakon

To troubleshoot a blank page see the wiki here:

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage

It explains how to manually turn on debug.

Did you add your encrypted password to the database? I am afraid you cant just type in your password. If you get your pages showing you may need to sign up as a user and go to the database and move yourself into the admin group. But if you typed your encrypted password in no problem.

This wont affect your files though, just your ability to log in. I see the url you gave has a frame leading to another site? I tried the other site, but that is blank too..

try a manual debug and post the results

regards

Dreakon
  • 2004/3/14 2:16

• Dreakon

• Just popping in

I'm sorry but I am completely new to all this MySQL stuff. I am not sure what a encrypted password is...

I looked at the Wiki and it mentioned:

"try the query "UPDATE xoops_config SET conf_value=1 WHERE conf_name = 'debug_mode'""

if I have access to the MySQL which I think I do, but I have no idea how to do this...

I tried changing 'error_reporting(0)' to 'error_reporting(E_ALL)' but it still didnt do anything when I went to the page.

The wiki seems to be helpful but I just dont know how to do most of the stuff on it. Any help please?

P.S: Why does MySQL have to be so darn complicated?!?

Dreakon
  • 2004/3/16 0:34

• Dreakon

• Just popping in

BUMP

Anyone want to help me..please?

Login

Who's Online

473 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 473

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits