ManXP
Download file
  • 2004/3/10 18:35

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

I have serious troubles with leechers in my website. Every day i post software news on my website with download links. And a lot of people just steel these links and post links on other websites. I want to protect these links from my website. I saw some websites with this type of protection. If people click on the link from original website, it's ok, file download windows opens and you can transfer file. But if you post download link on other website and user clicks on it, he is redirected to original website automatically. I need this protection. Or something like this to protect links. All ideas and comments are welcome.

Herko
Re: Download file
  • 2004/3/10 19:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Have you set Disallow direct download linking? (leeching) Yes/No to Yes in the downloads module Preferences page?

Herko

ManXP
Re: Download file
  • 2004/3/10 20:00

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

Well, i don't use My Downloads module. I just post news and in the botton of the article - direct download link. But you think, with My Downloads is possible to protect it? BTW, is protection good? Cause if i download file with Opera, this browser show direct URL in most cases. Of course,there are websites with protection from showing direct link for Opera too. Can My Downloads do it?

Login

Who's Online

873 user(s) are online (330 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 873

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits