jack1234
Xoops slowly breaking down
  • 2004/3/5 20:09

• jack1234

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

Hiya,

Okay this is one wierd thing. While developing a block and testing it out XOOPS started behaving strangly. What also happened is that MySQL went down during this time and I have a feeling it's related to this.

What first happened is that all blocks on the main page disapeared. Another user also seems to have experiences this :

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10217&forum=7#forumpost45877

To fix this I copied all files from a backup back to the root (without doing anything in the database).

This seemed to fix the blocks yet my admin block in the admin area was gone. I tracked this down to the problem that the admin block is cached (adminmenu.php) in the cache/ directory - after deleting it and typing in the raw url to the admin block I was able to fixup the group permission for all admin block entries (all persmission were to zero).

After doing all this (and sweating for a couple of hours it seems that all templates were corrupted. I finally had to put back a sql dump and restore the database.

Finally this seems to fix everything again - I'm wondering however what the hell hapenned.

This is way too wacky behaviour. Might this be related to the corrupted templates in the db that screwed up everything from the start?

Anybody got a clue why & how this could have happened? (and how to not let it happen again?)

any tips welcome!

Cheers,
Jack

Herko
Re: Xoops slowly breaking down
  • 2004/3/5 20:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You say it all started when your MySQL server went down. It seems to me that that caused some tables to get corrupted. I have seen this before, and the cause of the blocks missing turned out to be that there were corrupt tables or even that the user of the myslq database didn't have the write access rights to write the temporary database files on the server (this is a sever rights issue, not XOOPS user rights).

So, check your database and it's user rights.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits