DrBohner
XoopsGallery - trying to bring it current
  • 2004/3/2 6:38

• DrBohner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/4 1

I have a photo site that is not encapsolated by XOOPS - and it is extremely easy to update with the new Gallery Remote...

The XOOPS implementation, on the other hand - marlyCow it can be ugly.

The guys at Gallery.Menalto.Com have made it quite easy for the nuke and postnuke folks to implement gallery into their systems (more or less built in) - and I'd like to see what it would take to do the same.

The www.sciox.org site doesn't appear to have been working on a xoopsgallery implementation for a very long time (humm) - actually the links in the readme and version are dead. So, we're on our own?

Basically, the Nuke and PN folks just change a few files - and they are up and running. they don't have a hacked and poluted version of gallery - their interfaces plug into gallery (xoopsgallery is very far from that)...

anyone wanna help me make xoopsgallery more of a plug than what it is?

db

zombie_woof
Re: XoopsGallery - trying to bring it current

I found the xoopsgallery support site is now at www.xoopsgallery.org
It looks very current. I wouldn't have found this, had I not seen the link on the gallery.sourceforge.net site.

dreamgear
  • 2004/3/10 0:43

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/7/18

Sunday afternoon I installed a standalone Gallery for my wife's site (which doesn't use Xoops). Wow. All I can say is that where once it was neat and slick it's now beyond slick.

The latest Gallery Remote has explicit support for PHP-Nuke and PostNuke Galleries. It's crying shame XoopsGallery isn't there. Of course it helps that the Gallery site uses PostNuke.

I'm going to have to try XoopsGallery again and see just how messy it is.

I would say it's a worthy goal for the module team to work with the owners of xoopsgallery.org and bring it up to the point where it's tracking Gallery releases as quickly as PHP-Nuke and Postnuke are.

(I know, he who proposes, disposes but I'm not sure I'm the guy for this)

DrBohner
  • 2004/3/10 5:55

• DrBohner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/4 1

Those new enhancements to gallery - and especially the Gallery Remote stuff, is exactly what I was referring to.

If we can make xoopsgallery a 'plug-in' to Gallery (like PHP-Nuke) - the xoopsgallery team will have an easier life...

I, too, am probably not the person you want encapsulating this monster....

db

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits