hyper1
"Unable to write to main menu"
  • 2004/2/25 15:23

• hyper1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

Advice sought:

I first noticed this problem after installing the "FreeContent" module. However, I can access the "FreeContent" admin page by clicking on the "FreeContent" icon in the Modules Admin page.

However, I have today installed "Agenda-X 2.0 Final" and still have the same problem, i.e. on installing the module, I get the message "unable to write to main menu". This time, though, I cannot access the "Agenda-X" admin page at all (even by typing the URL).

I've searched the forum and found repeated posts about CHMODding the cache, template_c and upload folders to 777. Mine are already set to 777 permissions. I've also tried setting the "Agendax" module folder to 777 and updating the module, but no luck.

I'm hoping there is an enlightened XOOPS soul out there who can help me out of this predicament...pretty please! And thank you in advance.

dheltzel
Re: "Unable to write to main menu"
  • 2004/2/25 15:35

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Try changing the owner of all the files to the user that runs the PHP processes (apache on my RH 9 box). You can do this to the entire modules tree with:

chown -R apache:apache modules

hyper1
  • 2004/2/25 15:59

• hyper1

• Just popping in

Quote:

dheltzel wrote:
Try changing the owner of all the files to the user that runs the PHP processes (apache on my RH 9 box). You can do this to the entire modules tree with:

chown -R apache:apache modules

Thanks, dheltzel, but my XOOPS installation is hosted by an ISP and I don't have that level of access. Using my FTP client (SmartFTP), CHMOD is about all I can do. There is a custom command (for RaidenFTPd) available in SmartFTP for "Change Owner" but this is an "unknown extension", which leads me to think that my ISP either is not using RaidenFTPd or they disallow CHOWN.

Thanks for you response anyway, I have learned something new for my own apache box!

hyper1
  • 2004/2/26 7:53

• hyper1

• Just popping in

I've now tried CHMODding every folder to 777, but nothing has worked. Any other bright ideas on this cold and frosty morning?

Herko
  • 2004/2/26 8:51

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The main menu is written in the cache/ folder in your XOOPS root dir. Try chmodding that to 777, and the files in it as well.

Herko

rabideau
  • 2004/3/2 14:54

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Thank you Herko,

I just experienced the same problem.

I did a chmod of adminmenu.php to 777; then went back to the Admin/modules and performed an update of the problem modules and everything worked wonderfully!

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits