TooBaked
Theme headerlogo and nav
  • 2004/2/14 10:35

• TooBaked

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/9 5

I need alittle help here, I have created My Start page for my site. here is a screenshot of it on a blank page here.
http://www.members.cox.net/toobaked/example.jpg .
1 of 4 XOOPS Siteshttp://www.stradegyonline.net/gaming

Ok, now when I goto this site it will have 4 banner links within this Grey window (in the Screenshot) one banner for each of my XOOPS sites. basically I want to wrap this html page into the My XOOPS Theme so my XOOPS sites look like my home page. only think I will change for each site them is the banner and they are all in theme then. is there a program that will generate html into CSS or something similar? Im taking some courses now on CSS and PHP but I still don't know enough to do it without guidence.
basically Im having trouble using my CSS with XOOPS and I can't figure out why HELP!!

sunsnapper
Re: Theme headerlogo and nav

I think what you are saying is, you have some XOOPS sites, but they don't look the way you want them to. You are trying to create a theme that looks like your screenshot jpg, but, it is proving difficult.

You would like help creating a theme that looks like the screenshot? Am I understanding your question?

If you have the html that makes up the page in your screenshot, I'm sure we can get it move into XOOPS without much trouble.

But, I may be misunderstanding your request.

TooBaked
  • 2004/2/14 17:51

• TooBaked

• Just popping in

Im trying not to have someone do the work for me but yes I would like my XOOPS sites to look like the Entry Page www.stradegyonline.net I have Created for my Domain.I basically just made a table on entry page and added some info. I would like to use everything but that table in the XOOPS theme for my destination sites(subdomain).

you should be able to see the Raw Source Code from View Source.

Thanks

sunsnapper

OK, well if you need help, I can edit the source and put things in the right place. But, is sounds like you are looking forward to gaining the experience of doing it yourself... that's great. Don't worry, it's not really that hard.

There is this info. in the Wiki (but, the Wiki seems slow today)
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsThemesDoc

Basically, take a look at your theme source on your current entry page. You have the code that creates you banner at the top... then some content in the middle... and then a last remaining stripe at the bottom.

I think the first thing I would do is strip the content out of what you have so that what remains is a working page that consists only of the header and the "Thank You" stripe at the bottom.

Once you have done that, you can insert the code for XOOPS left, center, and right columns where your content used to be. This file will be called theme.html and will be the basis for your theme.

One way to start is to take an existing theme (found in the themes directory) and copy it into a new folder with a name of your choosing. Put the images (and flash file if you like) into this new folder as well. Then put your new theme.html file into the folder.

You are basically done at that point... of course, you need to make sure that the links in your theme.html file are pointing to your new folder name instead of the folder name from the theme you copied. No need to change the css files unless you are trying to change a color or something.

I hope that gets you started. Folks are around to answer questions if you get stuck.

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/14 19:33

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

OK so I see you header image rotates...kinda like a banner right?
I see you have a similar nav...bar...

All you need to do is look at XOOPS files: your template.html.....Open it up in a whysiwyg editor for instance (rec. Dreamweaver..Html Ace..etc) or just look at source....

The top Row...
is actually a table! Just make two rows....insert the appropiate code...the header on top...the your table in the second...
in Css you will need to look for or define the following....
(as example)
<tr id="header">
<id="headerlogo">
headerbanner
Headerbar --

etc.etc. depending on which theme you are basing it on....
Well that should get you looking into deeper solutions anyway...sorry dont have time to go into more detail.

If you want to keep the rotaing header images...you could proabbly just user banner.php code...instead of your logo and just use logo images in rotation...

TooBaked
  • 2004/2/14 20:04

• TooBaked

• Just popping in

Ok yes I would like to learn this as I don't want to come crying to you guys all the time Id rather be the one helping.
I'll dig into what you guys give me and see what I come up with, but before I do.

the three stripes are bg-image and those tables are not defined in style.css do I need to define this new table style. and if so how is the best way to code it for xoops.

Thanks for the help,
much appreciated

TooBaked
  • 2004/2/15 9:06

• TooBaked

• Just popping in

Ok,

its half way there Im going to have to edit the css file alittle and redo the exsisting html code. I just want to do it right. so later down the road I don't have my code mixed with XOOPS exsposing a security risk. thanks again for the help.

TooBaked
  • 2004/2/16 6:56

• TooBaked

• Just popping in

well its 90% done how is it looking so far can I get some feedback please?

Bassman
  • 2004/2/16 9:28

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Looks very nice. The Flash banner took a while to appear on my slow 56K connection :(

sunsnapper

Nice work getting your design integrated in Xoops.

The flash banner is particularly cool. Though, I would suggest have an image to to display to users without Flash, so they don't get the ugly plug-in box in Netscape/Mozilla/Firebird (and tiled bg stripes).

You might also consider using more space between columns, just to make things "less cluttered" and easier to read. But, it looks like you are getting your design into XOOPS without trouble.

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits