TJaaaay
Trying to understand
  • 2004/2/8 16:04

• TJaaaay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/8 1

Hello everyone.
I am new to XOOPS having arrived here after trudging through several test applications of other CMS's
I ran a successful site based around phpBB2 that I developed my own php MySQL dynamic pages. So I have some idea how to get around web apps based on that model.
I am very impressed with what I see of XOOPS and would like to start a live installation. So far I understand everything except themes.
I downloaded several, uploaded them in my themes directory. but can not get them to work.
http://www.strictlysocial.org/xoops/html/ is my test site.
The admin panel shows the themes there, and I am able to add them to the selectable list. But when I click one that I added it displays a blank page.
IE ( select OBlazy Dark ) on my test page.
I know I am doing something wrong but can not figure out what. I tried reading the template themes documentation on wiki but the articles I need seem to be unavailable.

Can anyone shed any light on this or steer me in the right direction?
Also your feelings on the best XOOPS Calendar, photo gallery, and chat programs.

Thanks
TJay

JackJ
Re: Trying to understand
  • 2004/2/8 16:28

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Hello TJaaaay

x2t and phpaox is working fine for me, the other "darkly" theme is calling an "index.php" file? Themes in XOOPS use html files like "theme.html". Where did you get this theme?

Check out xcgallery which is coppermine integrated to XOOPS
xcgallery

"myalbum" is very good too myalbum

"agendax" for calender Here

fatman
  • 2004/2/8 16:29

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

I only got a blank screen on the one page. The default themes that come with the core install worked fine. So this makes me think that you have simply uploaded the new themes wrong.

Take a look at your themes directory via FTP. Make sure your folder structure matches the following.

/xoops/html/themes/THEME_NAME/theme.html

make sure it is NOT

/xoops/html/themes/THEME_NAME/THEME_NAME/theme.html

often when you unzip theme files and even module files there is an extra directory in the mix.

Otherwise, head into your admin and turn on php debugging and see if you get any errors messages that point you in the right direction.

TJaaaay
  • 2004/2/8 17:39

• TJaaaay

• Just popping in

The themes came from source forge
I think I got the answer from the next post, and boy do I feel silly.
I used coppermine on my last site and loved it. I have it working on my test xoop site but I am unable to find the add photos process.
I had an xp update from coppermine that allowed me to send files via the windows xp publish pictures gui

thanks for the help

TJaaaay
  • 2004/2/8 17:45

• TJaaaay

• Just popping in

You nailed it, Man do I feel dumb.
Uploading now

THanks everyone, I am new to this, but will be posting here I am sure.

TJay

aporia
  • 2004/2/9 17:07

• aporia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/9 3

New here also. I have worked with HTML and CSS but am new to PHP and MySQL. Like TJaaaay, I have trudged through several "out of the box" CMS promises before finding xOOps. I am responsible for setting up several organizational sites and really would like to find a CMS/Web template system that works!

I have set up xOOps through fantastico scripts in CPanel, shared hosting account. xOOps is up and running with various modules that I have activated. Uploaded the new 2.6 zip file along with several themes. Extracted them in xOOps directory (themes in their own "themes" directory). Checked the directory structure for duplication.

I still can't figure out how to activate new themes. I can't find them anywhere in the Admin panel. I've ready everything I could find on the forums. It must be too obvious for explanation. What am I missing? How do I activate a new theme?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Aporia
xOOps installed at: benjammin.org

chapi
  • 2004/2/9 17:11

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

administration > system admin > preferences

There you can select every theme which is located in your themes folder.

aporia
  • 2004/2/9 17:22

• aporia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/9 3

. . . Site Prefs --> General Settings (edit) --> Default Theme

That did it. Thanks.

Most of the themes I downloaded originally don't seem to work (lead to blank page). These are editable (but not edible), yes? Where is the best source for recommended themes?

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits