domineaux
Mambo - For real..NOT
  • 2004/1/29 17:36

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I just came from the Mambo Portal site. Just perceived a little trivia I thought might be of interest to people on this XOOPS site.

Click to Mambo Portal Site

I just thought...what kinda fools do they take people/us for.

Right now I see 5 member and 51 guests on this site. Everytime I go to the mambo site it shows over 100+ members and 300+ guests. Do you believe it? I counted 14 new postings for today's date and 26 replies total on the mambo forums. That sure as heck wouldn't corroborate that number of guests and users on the site. I thought I should probably study the site awhile and I can probably pick up the number of extra guests and members they've got programmed in above the actual count. LOL

All you'd have to do is watch the site over a couple days and make a note of the counts. Then just determine what was the lowest number of members and guests at any one time and you'd probably be pretty close to the add-on number. LOL

I just don't have time for that today.

Why do people have to exaggerate. That kind of thing really makes you wonder whether Mambo is what it is presented to be. LOL

Regardless, I'm still an Xooper...

kaliman
Re: Mambo - For real..NOT
  • 2004/1/29 18:23

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

Ok here it goes
I arrive and there where 224 guests, 104 registered users, loged in and the numbers went to (this is after 6 seconds) 227 g 108 reg!
log out, 10 min later, re login and this are the numbers:
Quote:
Who's Online
We have 298 guests online and 121 members online

I need THAT trafic LOL!

svaha
  • 2004/1/29 18:37

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Quote:
Who's Online
We have 311 guests online and 112 members online

Hit Counter
597921 Visitors

Ok, that does it. I'll switch to Mambo because they have a way much better Who's online block.

With my XOOPS who's online block I hardly are able to 'produce' about 10 not existing visitors due to the cache.

Aloha

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/29 22:21

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Ayyy... I'm sure Mambo and all other CMS have their good and bad qualities. I like XOOPS over all the others but lets not get into the 'we're better than they are' threads. It is counter-productive.

Mithrandir

Edit: Whoops - wrong thread

Chado
  • 2004/1/30 0:31

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

Ok, Ok, does it really matter? They have bugs, we have bugs, it doesn't prove anything. Here is a thread about it from Mambo's site. They are well aware of the problem. I don't think it is an intentional desire to deceive anyone.

brash
  • 2004/1/30 1:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I agree Chado, it's not like the XOOPS "Who's Online" block is 100% accurate either. I say make yourdecision of CMS and stick with it. There is no need to go bad mouthing other products, especially when all the developers give their time and skills for FREE!

svaha
  • 2004/1/30 11:48

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

by Chado on 2004/1/30 0:31:16

Ok, Ok, does it really matter? They have bugs, we have bugs, it doesn't prove anything. Here is a thread about it from Mambo's site. They are well aware of the problem. I don't think it is an intentional desire to deceive anyone.

I agree with you Chado. I think also that one should look at the things the "other" does better, so you can learn, get better and better.
If you only look at the things you are the best in, then you will fall asleep.

So happy Xoopsing/Mamboing or whatevering

Coreace
  • 2004/1/30 12:45

• Coreace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/26

You really don't want to switch to Mambo .

I have used it for a while and ditched it for Xoops. We tested XX CMS's after dumping Postnuke. Thought Mambo would do the job - what a joke.

Support is none-existent. Modules are buggy and updates are RARE. Not to mention the high license you have to pay. Sorry, but it has to be one of the less professional CMS system out there. And yes - we have tried most of them. Both commercial and 'free'.

The Whois block is probably a bug (it was, when we used it - always gave the wrong stats, data not refreshed). Their forum isn't that active and I can't imagine there are THAT many people browsing the site.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits