toddlynn
GNP Designz goes with XOOPS
  • 2004/1/28 0:06

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/7 5

With 4 years in straight HTML web design, I thought I would dive into PHP. I tried PHP Nuke first of all & I didn't like it at all. A friend recommended trying XOOPS & I love it!
My site has lots of information about the website design business I run,the online chat that I have been a member of for going on 4 years now, Local News & much more!
You can check all this out at Portal.GNPdesignz.com. Your feedback is appreciated as well as some constructive criticism.

Thank you XOOPS!!

(originally posted in the wrong area. sorry)

Mithrandir
Re: GNP Designz goes with XOOPS

Auch - that left column seems to be mis-configured. takes up most of my 1280x1024 screen.
Apart from that, I like the theme.

well, it seems to be only on the front page that there are problems. The module pages load fine, although I do feel you are squeezing it a bit too much - perhaps adjust the page margins a bit, there's hardly room for the central data.

GJ and welcome to XOOPS.

clagrone
  • 2004/1/28 0:39

• clagrone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

I did not have the left column issue so perhaps that has been fixed. I would consider 2 things (and I am not a pro like most of your visitors are not) First I would think about not having the waiting content visible to the general visitor. If there is something in waiting content and for some reason it is not approved you may end up having to explain your choice for not posting a content provided.

The second thing is the theme you use (7dana)is a shared theme designed by another individual. Seeing that you are advertising design I would work towards coming up with an original that is a sample of your company's work. Visitors will assume what they are looking at is your work due to the removal of the designer's link at your footer.

Understanding your new to XOOPS i am sure it will take time to get into the theme writing. Otherwise good site with layout and content.

Mithrandir

It seems the left column width issue is just a Mozilla thing.

Agree with your two considerations.

toddlynn
  • 2004/1/28 0:55

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

The waiting content is now gone...The removal of the designer's link is another problem. I removed that awhile ago, NOW I finally found ( I think) where to put it back. theme.php ?) Anyway. I edited theme.php & uploaded... still not showing. Ummm...

Thank you for your comments,

Todd
GNP Designz

SevenD
  • 2004/1/28 2:40

• SevenD

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/7/23

There is a problem with Moon Phases block, replace:

Quote:
<table width="145" bgcolor="#000000" style="background-color:#000000" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" border="0">

with this code:

Quote:
<table style="width=: 145;" bgcolor="#000000" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" border="0">

Todd, you can replace "design by 7dana.com" with "theme by 7dana.com" or something similar.

Delete all files in template_c folder and you will see changes.

toddlynn
  • 2004/1/28 3:15

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

FINALLY!! **sigh** Your footer is back. I am working on my own theme right now so I hope you are there for help? LOL.
Thanks,
Todd
GNP Designz

SevenD
  • 2004/1/28 9:10

• SevenD

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/7/23

Yes Tood, feel free to contact me if you need help.
You didn't change "Moon Phases" block, why?

toddlynn
  • 2004/1/28 13:54

• toddlynn

• Just popping in

Done now. What was the problem?

Jennifah
  • 2004/2/10 18:16

• Jennifah

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/19

on the site at the top it says "regiser now"

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits