ladysham
Using Formulaire - Need help
  • 2004/1/26 5:02

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I'm using the Formulaire module for forms on a website. I want the forms to be accessible to everyone. So I have changed the group permissions to allow access by anyone visiting the site.

However, when a person who is not registered visits the site, they get the block name for the forms, but none of the forms. You can view this athttp://www.georgiafootballleague.com

How can I make the forms accessible to anyone visiting the site?

Thanks!

Kelly Ling

ladysham
Re: Using Formulaire - Need help
  • 2004/1/26 5:04

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Never mind - Just found it! Thanks!!

Kelly Ling

ladysham
  • 2004/1/26 5:09

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Well, now it will show up to all users, but not all users can fill out the form - still only registered. Any help? Thanks!

Kelly Ling

Anonymous
  • 2004/1/26 8:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Open xoops_version.php of formulaire in an editor and change codeline

// Menu -- content in main menu block
$modversion['hasMain'] = 0;

to

// Menu -- content in main menu block
$modversion['hasMain'] = 1;

Then go to Administration/Module and make Formulaire "hidden" in Mainmenu.

Hope that helps.

ladysham
  • 2004/2/1 14:31

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

ok - I have worked and worked on this issue with a helpful list member. I have come to the conclusion that formulaire WILL NOT let an anonymous user send a form.

I made the suggested changes to some of the module files per one of the threads. Now, anonymous uses can VIEW the form, but when they send it, a blank screen comes up and the email does not get sent.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Should I submit this as a bug to the author of the module? Thanks!

Kelly Ling

carnuke
  • 2004/2/1 17:34

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Kelly

Why don't you PM the module author- Philou? Or visit his website forum.

Richard

Chainsaw
  • 2004/2/1 21:00

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Hiya Kelly. Sorry I haven't replied the last couple of days. I got caught up with office work :( darn yearly audit on my IT department.

For those who are not up to date.

1. We know that Formulaire is installed and will work for non-anonymous users. Forms can be accessed and emails are sent.

2. When an anonymous user open the form, they can fill in the details and then submit the form. It then goes to a blank page. The email is not sent (have confirmed this myself with Kelly with a test as an anonymous user).

At this point (using a local kiwi term) - "I'm stumped" :(

Kelly, do you want to try that anonymous post with PHP debug on? I'm interested to see if there is a PHP error message on the blank page.

God bless!

ladysham
  • 2004/2/2 5:43

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Stan - Thanks for posting. I figured that "life" caught up with you this weekend.

I will see if I can run PHP debug tomorrow. I'm not quite sure how to do it, but I'll find it.

I have also run across another interesting situation with Formulaire, although someone told me it was a consistent error with PHP. I had some registered users fill out my form today at ChristianWAHM.com and then press the button to submit. They would get the blank page - no email sent, and when they hit the back button, all the information they filled out (sometimes it took 30 mins of their time) was gone. Needless to say, they weren't real happy and I don't blame them.

I put a disclaimer on the page that preceeds the form that says that it works for some and not for others. If they weren't sure what they wanted to do, they could email me and I'd send them the form in an email. So we'll see what happens.

I'll write back later tomorrow. It's 1 AM here and we're expected ice in the morning. God bless!

Kelly Ling

Chainsaw
  • 2004/2/2 9:38

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Yikes - ice! No ice here in NZ, we're right in the middle of Summer. 'Cept it been raining the past 48 hours. I swear I saw a dolphin swam past me as I drove to work this morning.

To turn on PHP error messages, go to System Admin, Preferences, General Settings, and set Debug mode to PHP debug. Then do that anonymous form posting and see what message you get before and at the blank page.

Once you have the message you can turn the debug mode off.

philou
  • 2004/2/2 16:50

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

hello
I understand that you have some troubles with my module formulaire.... but I'm very confused because I don't have a solution yet !!!
I wrote this module for my office and it works fine (all users are registered)

It's a mix between the liaise and the mymenu module

Login

Who's Online

87 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 87

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits