fishspon
Problem with myAds Module (Used to be: Is there a For Sale/Wanted module for XOOPS??)
  • 2004/1/25 21:25

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

Is there a For Sale/Wanted module for XOOPS??

I want something that will basically act as a classified ads module... users can post stuff that they are selling, or post stuff that they want, and when it's sold, or obtained, then can mark the item as "completed".

i know i could use the forum to do this, but i'd rather have a dedicated module. Keeps things tidy that way.

I don't want it to be a full eBay thing, just a place to list stuff, literally like the Autotrader of the HiFi world (my site is about HiFi).

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

clagrone
Re: Is there a For Sale/Wanted module for XOOPS??
  • 2004/1/25 22:13

• clagrone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

try Myads module

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=460

also when searching for a mod the search box works wonders and you dont have to wait for someone to read a post. this is good for people like me who want it NOW

fishspon
  • 2004/1/25 22:15

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

i tried searching, but couldn't find anything... i searched for stuff like "for sale" and "wanted"... didn't think to go for "ads"! lol

thanks dude.

fishspon
  • 2004/1/26 0:57

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

I have a small problem with this module... my adverts aren't actually listed within their categories. Please check here:http://hififorum.co.uk/modules/myAds/

As you can see, there is one advert within the "For Sale" category. It is also listed in the "latest submissions" section.

Now click on "For Sale" to view all ads within that category.

Why isn't my advert listed there? It's still listed in the "latest submissions" section, but not in the actual category.

Please help!

snow77
  • 2004/1/26 2:38

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Hi,
Once I needed an application for sales and found this one, it is not a XOOPS module but you could adapt it to your site, myads is ok also.

Check it out. it is called Noah´s Classifieds
http://classifieds.phpoutsourcing.com/

fishspon
  • 2004/1/26 18:31

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

thanks for this suggestion, but my knowledge of PHP is zero, and i just don't have the time to modify a module to fit XOOPS i'm afraid.

Surely it's a simple fix to make the module actually display the ads within the categories, right??

Can anyone let me know how to rid this bug?

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits