ecronin
A login looping issue
  • 2004/1/19 16:08

• ecronin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/19

After a successful (new) install, I am unable to access my site any further than the log in screen. The userid and password I am using are for the "webmaster" requested by the application during the install. The application "loops" me back to the login page every time. There is no indication that there is anything wrong with the userid. Permissions are set correctly as far as I can tell. Wiki Troubleshooting says to turn off the Register Globals and I have, but it didn't fix the problem. Has anyone run into this or have any thoughts?

I can add (register) users and get email notification, but when I try to log in as them, I'm put into the loop too.

Here are the particulars for the system:

PHP Version 4.3.4
MySQLVersion 4.0.1.16-nt
IIS 5
Xoops Version 2.0
MS Windows 2000

Do you have a DB, with correct name and pass? Yes, running mysql_up.php from the web site works.

Register Globals, on/off? Off.

Can you see install.php? Yes, from the install folder

Can you see index.php? Yes.

Can you log in? No. I'm in a loop where I keep getting redirected back to the login screen. I can't get to admin.php, it reads that I haven't the right to access it.

Hopefully, someone has run into this before and has a solution.

Thanks

EC

wcrwcr
Re: A login looping issue
  • 2004/1/19 16:33

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Did you try to restore your db?
Something like "restore table" on phpmyadmin for instance.

ecronin
  • 2004/1/19 16:48

• ecronin

• Just popping in

Quote:

wcrwcr wrote:
Did you try to restore your db?
Something like "restore table" on phpmyadmin for instance.

Mmm, can't think of why the database would need to be restored. It is brand new and XOOPS just created the tables. Are you sure this would help?

EC

paco2
  • 2004/1/21 8:19

• paco2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

I am expiriencing that problem with a fully operational site. Members who lost their password are getting into a loop and have to end closing their browser and deleting cookies. It doesn't matter what they do, they cannot login at all.

Doesn't anyone have an answer for this? I have not touched the site at all and it just started happening out of the blue.

I have search all over for information and although there are many cases, no one ever gives a solution.

This has to be a bug with XOOPS since I have never expirienced a problem of this kind with any other portal software. Perhaps it cannot handle large sites, I've no idea.

I try recreating member's problems and I too end up in the most frustrating loop.

jctsup1
  • 2004/1/25 3:46

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

If you are running Xoops2 on IIS, you need to make sure that the IUSR account has Modify, Read, List, Write & Modify permissions on the following directories: cache, templates_c, & the uploads directories.

ecronin
  • 2004/1/27 13:32

• ecronin

• Just popping in

Quote:

jctsup1 wrote:
If you are running Xoops2 on IIS, you need to make sure that the IUSR account has Modify, Read, List, Write & Modify permissions on the following directories: cache, templates_c, & the uploads directories.

I didn't have the IUSR set up with those rights. I changed it but it's still looping. Thanks for you help though, it needed to be done.

Can you think of anything else?

EC

skalpa
  • 2004/1/27 14:36

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
Can you think of anything else?

What precise XOOPS version are you trying (2.0.5.X or 2.0.6RC) ?
I believe this might come from a RC bug, so if using .6, try installing the 2.0.5 instead and tell me if you're still stucked...

Skalpa.>

Herko
  • 2004/1/27 14:39

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

And what modules do you have installed? Some modules have a record of breaking logins, that may also be the cause.

Herko

ecronin
  • 2004/1/28 15:51

• ecronin

• Just popping in

Quote:

skalpa wrote:

What precise XOOPS version are you trying (2.0.5.X or 2.0.6RC) ?
I believe this might come from a RC bug, so if using .6, try installing the 2.0.5 instead and tell me if you're still stucked...

Skalpa.>

I'm using version 2.5.0.2. Do you know if there are bugs with this version?

Thanks for your help.

EC

ecronin
  • 2004/1/28 15:53

• ecronin

• Just popping in

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
And what modules do you have installed? Some modules have a record of breaking logins, that may also be the cause.

Herko

I'm using a vanilla downloaded version (2.0.5.2). I haven't download any mods yet.

Thanks

EC

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits