nicholse
Members module
  • 2004/1/16 6:09

• nicholse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/16

Will the new members module allow for custom fields? It would be nice to be able to include phone, address and other fields. Even better would be the ability to search on these specific fields like the current search form/fields work.

I havent found an alternitive to the members module. Something like a contact manager or address book. Is there one?

When is 2.1 expected?

Thanks for a great product!

carnuke
Re: Members module
  • 2004/1/16 9:31

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello and welcome to the forum nicholse As I'm aware there is no 'members module' However there have been other posts in these forums requesting something similar, also to include a photo. The current members profile is a bit stark and buisiness like and I suspect there will be developments to update this in the near future. It was recently requested that something like the 'Friendfinder' website could be ported into XOOPS. There was some enthusuastic response, so keep watching!

Currently, there are other modules that approximate a members module and could perhaps be modified, depending on your skills. Check out 'friendfinder' also some of the hacks for existing modules.

Regards Richard

Imgonna
  • 2004/3/9 21:32

• Imgonna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/22

Excellent

I am workig on an XOOPS site at present 5th Way designed for teachers in the UK to network, swap ideas and best practice.

Ideally I am looking for a module that will allow members to seach the profile of other members. The current secion allows this, but the fields are limited. What would be nice would be the ability to add new fields and to seach on them.

Cheers

Glen

JackJ
  • 2004/3/9 23:18

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

As a matter of interest, the Invision board module at www.bbpixel.com has all these facilities and more. After installing the module all the profile links in the usermenu re-direct to the invisionboard profiles. You can create new fields, and have user photographs etc.

See this link for example:

http://www.bbpixel.com/modules/ipboard/index.php?s=57ac76687a7206437f6b0908d3f4c19d&act=Members

The module overwrites some core files

Imgonna
  • 2004/3/9 23:33

• Imgonna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/22

Thanks JackJ

I've pulled down the zip and will test when I get a moment.

Glen

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits