MLimburg
Mixing News on the Homepage
  • 2004/1/1 3:31

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 2

Howdy,

Next question :) I'm after a way to show the latest 5 news stories (as if I was looking at the news module itself), but I need it as a block sitting on the homepage. The reason is I'm planning on combining a bunch of info for the homepage -- and want to keep the news module page clean, so it's easier to see the past 15 news articles.

Any ideas here?

Stewdio
Re: Mixing News on the Homepage
  • 2004/1/1 3:38

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You may want to look at Spotlight News. It's an addon for your news that can be found at www.wellwine.net

MLimburg
  • 2004/1/1 4:30

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

Thanks dude .. I'm taking a look at it now

M

MLimburg
  • 2004/1/1 6:11

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

Yeah, that's pretty nice ... but rather than show (say) 1 news item and a list of 10 news items, I'd really prefer (in my case) 3 news items and a list of 10 items.

Has anyone worked a hack on this, seen something simular, or should I delve in and see what I can hack?

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/1 6:40

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You could probably dive in and hack. Spotlight is reletively small and not very complex, so I can't see it being all that difficult if you have a head for that sort of thing

Go for it, worst thing you can do is break it and reupload

*edit*

The one really nice thing I like about Spotlight is that it has one template file. It's really easy to just make up your own tables for a unique layout.

DonXoop

I've been looking for the Spotlight and now I found it, thanks for linky. Now I see more than one version/fork floating around. Hmm.

I do like it, easy and useful. Now if I could clone that module so I can have a different config for anon users vs logged in it would be perfect.

BTW, easy to work on the template. I removed the Poster name since it looked rather egotistical to have my name as "By DonS" on the front page when I simply posted the content.

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits