loom001
News Module (Selected module does not exist!)
  • 2003/12/29 3:11

• loom001

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/17

I am getting Selected module does not exist! for the news module when I try to submit news. The module works just fine for me to add catagories, and the submit news worked for a while then just stopped working. I have deactivated, and reactivated, no luck. I have also uninstalled the module and reinstalled no luck. Any help would greatly be appricated.

JackJ
Re: News Module (Selected module does not exist!)
  • 2003/12/29 4:36

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

See this thread Here

It is a line in common.php that causes this in some server configs

bottom line:

in common.php change

$xoopsRequestUri = @xoops_getenv('REQUEST_URI');

to

$xoopsRequestUri = @xoops_getenv('SCRIPT_NAME');

loom001
  • 2003/12/30 1:44

• loom001

• Just popping in

If I make that change then all that I get is a blank white page. All of the sudden my whole site is hosed I can not get into the gallery. Also when login to the Administration it just keeps looping and telling me that this is the first time in the admin module when it is not no clue what is happening to it at this point. any help would be great.

loom001
  • 2003/12/30 15:54

• loom001

• Just popping in

Still working on this one. I have completely reinstalled mysite now. When it comes to the news module I click on submit news and it brings up the editor I enter all the info in to the editor, and I go to submit and that is when I get the error "Selected module does not exist!" I am totaly confused on this one. I tried the common.php change mentioned below and all that I get when I make those changes it a blank site. Any help would greatly be apprciated.

loom001
  • 2003/12/31 13:10

• loom001

• Just popping in

I am going to give this a bump. Pretty much my site is dead in the water and I have no idea what to do.

loom001
  • 2004/1/2 15:43

• loom001

• Just popping in

Ok one last bump. My site has now been down for over a week, I have read many post on this but have not found anyone that has fixed the problem. If I can not figure this out by Monday I am going to have to revert back to postnuke and give up on Xoops. At this point my site is back and running on postnuke so you will not be able to go to the site and see the prohblem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Mithrandir

When having a blank screen go to administration menu -> System admin -> preferences and turn on PHP debug.

Then go to the blank page and see if you don't get an error message you can post here. Much easier to help that way.

Herko
  • 2004/1/2 16:21

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

What version of PHP and MySQL are you using? You can find that out by creating a new file called info.php, with the following contents: <?php phpinfo(); ?>
Upload it to your server and point your browser to the file. It should give you a lot more information on your PHP install.

Herko

loom001
  • 2004/1/5 20:28

• loom001

• Just popping in

Ok here is what I am getting now Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/blah/blah/htdocs/blah/header.php on line 112.

Here is what I have for Line 112
$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle', $xoopsModule->getVar('name'));

MySQL version
Client API version 3.23.49

you can checkout the PHP info by going to

My php info

CBlue

You say you uninstalled and reinstalled, did that include reuploading all the files to the server?

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits