Ace_Armstrong
Twilight Media & Design

For the record, Twilight Media & Design (www.TwilightMD.com) offers hosting that supports XOOPS. There are at least a half-dozen XOOPS sites currently hosted there (including those of us at GLOAMING.us). The basic rates are $5 per month, but I think XOOPS requires more disk space than the $5 rate covers, so it would be more likely to run $10/month. The hosting does feature CPanel as the user controls, so it's very user-friendly, and phpMyAdmin is included.

Wilkinsa
Re: Twilight Media & Design
  • 2003/12/23 15:11

• Wilkinsa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/13

Exactly how much space/bandwidth do you get for $5.00?

Ace_Armstrong

I believe that that the $5/month rate is for 10MB. I'm not sure of the bandwidth, but we're a fairly busy site and we've not run into any bandwidth problems (although we have a 50MB plan, so I'm guessing the bandwidth is different). The $10/month rate is for 25MB, which is probably a lot more realistic for a small-to-medium XOOPS site.

NitroFoO
  • 2004/1/9 23:36

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/1/26

5 bucks for 10MB? Sorry to barge in but thats a little expensive for such little.

And 25MB will get you little for a XOOPS site especially with modules, graphics, and much more.

www.digicomplex.com (hosting services will be up by tommorow, simple plan overview is available).

4.95 will get you around 100mb, unlimited e-mail / subdomain, MySQL dbs, cpanel x, etc... 6.95 for 250mb.

CBlue

How much bandwidth for 6.95? Nevermind! Just had a look.

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/10 7:11

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Eeek, I pay 8.95/mo for 500mb/20gb traffic unlimited pop, subdomain, domain pointers, email forwarding/alias with 20 sql DB's, and thats just for starters.

http://www.hostmagix.com/standard.php

Cpanel etc etc...

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

NitroFoO wrote:
5 bucks for 10MB? Sorry to barge in but thats a little expensive for such little.

And 25MB will get you little for a XOOPS site especially with modules, graphics, and much more.

Ouch. Bad typo. I left a zero off the end of those figures. And it appears they changed the rates a bit, anyway. I think (don't quote me on this!) that it's $4/month now for 100 MB and $8/month for 250 MB. There are extra features/service (I don't know what they are; maybe part of the setup) that are an extra $1/month. (I think this is geared mostly toward their design clients, most of whom don't know how to set up their own email boxes, etc.)

Mithrandir

Since we are comparing, I'm using a Danish host costing about a buck and a half for 125 MB, 3 subdomains, emails, "Unlimited" bandwith, phpmyadmin and (only one) MySQL database

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/10 19:51

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

buck and a half?? Not bad for getting up off the ground if all you need area few tools. Sweet deal Mith

neWPCNeo
  • 2004/1/11 0:30

• neWPCNeo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/22

http://www.ashst.com is free for: 120mb space, limited bandwidth (not sure more than 250mb as my site was over that), cPannel, 10 Databses, 10 Subdomains, 100 e-mail accounts, unlimited forwards, pre-installed scripts available (no XOOPS ), and much much more
(not very reliable though i have had downtime for 4-7 days since my account was activated in november )

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits