m0nty
HELP REQUIRED!!
  • 2003/12/22 1:07

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

all my admin module icons etc have disappeared from the left hand menu section in admin..

this happened after installing the headlines module.. it has done this b4 after installing another module, but was able to get the menu back last time by uninstalling the module again and installing a different one..

but this time i'm unable to get the list back..

I can still get to the modules admin using >http://www.yourdomain.com/main/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin

but if i click the normal admin the list just doesn't appear :( any ideas?

CBlue
Re: HELP REQUIRED!!

If you can get to module admin and you see the list of modules in the center, update the system module and see if that works. Also, update all your groups in groups admin because that works in setting up your module icons in the correct order most of the time.

m0nty
  • 2003/12/22 14:07

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

thanks CBlue, that did work :)

CBlue

That's great, m0nty! You're welcome.

silli
  • 2003/12/22 14:23

• silli

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

When I log in as admin, it says "Thank you for logging in admin" but doesn't take me to the control panel and thinks I'm still not logged in. How can I get back in??

CBlue

It sounds like you may have a corrupt login page.

Try reuploading the XOOPS root user.php and the checklogin.php in the includes folder. Don't overwrite them, just delete the ones currently on your server and then reupload new copies.

See if this fixes your problem.

silli
  • 2003/12/22 16:09

• silli

• Just popping in

Thanks! I tried that, but it didn't work! ): same thing... I tried changing the themes too, but same problem...

m0nty
  • 2003/12/22 17:52

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

just checkin, have u got cookies enabled? also check your firewall (if any) that maybe stopping you..

you could clear your cookies & temp internet files, that may work..

just a suggestion tho, it may not solve it..

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/22 17:55

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

If your using Cpanel on your server and used Fantastico to create your XOOPS installation, I have found that you may need to attempt to login twice for some reason. If your installation doesn't fit into what I describe above, then disregard this message. If it does, then try installing it manualy without Cpanel or Fantastico. This fixed it for me.

silli
  • 2003/12/22 18:51

• silli

• Just popping in

I don't know what Fantastico is, I didn't install anything to replace the control panel. I tried clearing the cache/temp files and I do have cookies enabled. I checked that admin user has all the privs, but, still doesn't work. Site was working 2 days ago....dunno what happened yesterday! I didn't touch anything else...

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits