ladysham
WF-Channel
  • 2003/12/4 6:31

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Is this a stupid question? I just can't seem to figure out how the WF-Channel module is really supposed to work. Can someone give me a brief idea or a good example to look at? I know I probably need this on my site, but I can't seem to figure out how it will fit in. Any advice would be wonderful!

Thanks!

Kelly Ling

Anonymous
Re: WF-Channel
  • 2003/12/4 7:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hmmm, I did not find any use for it myself. Just slows down the site. You can easely add what it does in the FAQ.

Max

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/4 7:27

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Kelly:

The WF-Channel module will let you create static pages (or wrap HTML pages) to be presented as a unit, as a content channel (hence the name). How to present these pages? You have options; you choose one page to be the channel front, and this is the page shown when you click in the Main Menu option.

All the other pages are "children" of this page. From the front page you can go to the children pages either by following the links in the submenus or by following the links in the front page.

You can define, for every page you create, if it should be linked from the Main Menu (as a suboption) or if it should be linked from the front page.

In addition, there's two other pages that you don't really edit: you just set their parameters. These are the "Link to Us" and the "Recommend Us" pages. Both have their own controls, and for each you can also choose if you want them as menu options or as links from the front page (if you want them at all).

An example of how to use this module would be an About Us cluster of pages. You could have something like:

About Us
-- Our vision
-- Our mission
-- Who we are
-- Where we are
(optional)
-- Link to Us
-- Recommend Us

The good point about this is the pages are editable one by one, yet they stay together; they form, after all, a channel.

There are more options, like if a page is visible at all, but in essence this is how the module works.

Hope this helps.

ladysham
  • 2003/12/4 15:47

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is much clearer now! I appreciate your patience.

Kelly Ling

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits