ladysham
Need help on wfsections
  • 2003/11/30 19:04

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I am using wfsections for articles on my website. These articles are generally posted by me, with permission from the authors. I don't think I'm going to have many submitted for publication. LOL

I would like to remove the "Author" reference on the article page. In the body of the article, it will have a byline for each author. I'd rather it say "Submitted by" or say nothing at all.

Can someone direct me to where I would find this in the module to change it? I tried removing the class=ItemPoster, but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Kelly Ling

Herko
Re: Need help on wfsections
  • 2003/11/30 19:38

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Hi Kelly,

You were lloking in the right place. Go to system admin -> templates, and go to the wfsection template called wfsection_article.html. There, somewhere in the top you'll see this code:
<td width="84%" class="itemPoster" align="left"><{$lang_author}> <{$article.poster}><br />
<{
$lang_published}>: <{$article.datetime}><br />
<{
$article.counter}><br />
<{
$article.size}></td>
<
td width="16%" align="right" valign="middle"><{$article.maillink}></td>

The <{$lang_author}> and <{$article.poster}> parts show the translated Posted by and the author name. You can change the <{$lang_author}> into anything you want, either by editing the language file, or by changing it in the template. Thus, you change <{$lang_author}> into "Submitted by". That should do the trick in the article text.

Herko

ladysham
  • 2003/12/2 2:52

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Herko - Thanks for answering. My kids have been pretty sick this last week so I couldn't get back to you right away.

I tried this late last night and it didn't work. I still got the "author" instead of submitted by. Is it possible there is some other place that should be changed?

Kelly Ling

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/2 3:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

In admin general settings turn on the template update for a minute.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/12/2 3:48

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

You will find this in wfsection/languague/main.php, no need to edit the theme files.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits