Grimoire
Greetings.. Theme Question
  • 2003/11/18 21:08

• Grimoire

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/18

Hello, new user of xoops. First wanted to say I am very pleased so for with the package. Its well done and the install was a snap. Certainly a pat on the back to the devs.

Just a few questions if I may -

a. Could someone post a link to a doc or post the info needed to explain how to install/remove themes?

b. How difficult is it to convert themes?

I used myphpnuke for some time and they have a interesting theme here:

http://themes.myphpnuke.com/myegallery.php?&do=showpic&pid=148&orderby=titleA

And if possible I would like to use on xoops.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Harlequin
Admin of The Grimoire
Paranormal & Occult News Site

ackbarr
Re: Greetings.. Theme Question

Installing / Removing themes
Themes reside in the /themes folder. Each theme resides in its own directory. Installing a theme is as simple as uploading your new theme's folder into the /themes directory. Removing a theme would be done by removing the theme's folder.

Changing Themes
To change your site's theme, login to your website and go to "System"->"Preferences"->"General Settings" and change the default theme. Save your settings and you are done

Letting users switch between themes
If you want to let your users switch between select themes, XOOPS includes a block simply called "Themes" that displays a list of themes for a user to switch amongst. You can control which themes a user can choose from in "System"->"Preferences"->"General Settings".

Converting Themes
Since all nuke-based portal systems use a similar look, creating a XOOPS theme from one is usually simple. The one catch is that XOOPS expects certain styles to be defined. If you expect modules to render accurately you will need to define at least these styles. Common CSS Classes outlines all the common styles that make up a XOOPS theme. If you get stuck there are many forum members willing to help, and in some cases actually port themes to XOOPS upon request.

Grimoire
  • 2003/11/18 22:02

• Grimoire

• Just popping in

Thank you for the info.. Everything is working fine now.

A few other questions if I may.

a. Does XOOPS have some kind of image gallery or similar module I can plug in?

b. What about a java chat block or (java) block that connects to a irc room to have live chat on the page?

Thanks again.

ackbarr

there are several gallery modules available:

xoopsgallery
Galeria
myAlbum
xcGallery

A quick search didn't turn up any java based chat modules, but I did find a flash based one:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12658&forum=4

Grimoire
  • 2003/11/19 2:13

• Grimoire

• Just popping in

Excellent. Thank you.

One final question.. When creating sections it asks for a graphic but does not state where to put the file. I tried both the root and images folder with no luck.

Thanks again for all your help.

ackbarr

try placing your section images in /modules/sections/images/. If I may make a suggestion, the Sections module is functional, but outdated. I suggest checking out a module like WF-Sections.

Grimoire
  • 2003/11/19 23:15

• Grimoire

• Just popping in

Thank you for the suggestion, I will install it.

also a FYI just in case you wernt aware. when working on the gallery I couldnt get imagemagick or the other one (name escapes me) to work. I got a error when I did the check install function to the effect 'file found but value 1 expect 0' or something to this effect.

After playing around I put the install path for the graphic utility on the root of c: rather then many levels deep in the htdocs folder. That fixed the issue and the gallery works fine.

for the record, win2k apache server.

Grimoire
  • 2003/11/20 1:13

• Grimoire

• Just popping in

*sigh* never mind about this post.. I figured it out.. I am a idiot.. :P

Login

Who's Online

836 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 836

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits