Ace_Armstrong
SanilacDems.com

Xoops goes party politics...check out the Sanilac County Democrats brand-new website at www.SanilacDems.com and let me know what ya think.

sunsnapper
Re: SanilacDems.com

Wow! That is tremendous.

The only thing I noticed was... are you using two different reds for the text?

Compare the red as text labels at the word "Email"

to the headline text in the news item "Sanilac County Democrats Get New Website"

Yeah, I just confirmed... Email label is #ff0000 (which matches nicely) but the headline text is reading a bit orange... #ff6600

Other than that I can find nothing to gripe about.

I did note that the logo in the upper left corner "Sanilac County..." over the flag might be improved if the letters "popped" more. But, this is minor, and I'm not sure the benefit of the improvement would be as valuable as the time spent adjusting it. But, if you are looking for things to do, well maybe.

Hey, do me a favor and post your thoughts about my web site in this thread:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13664&forum=12

carnuke
  • 2003/11/17 21:34

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I also looked at GLOAMING.US Really like that theme best of all. Just one problem... the RHS of the page breaks up on my 1600.1250 screen. Calendar mis-aligns, and gray stripes pop out of place.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/18 3:40

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

It's a well put together site - nice and clean. Text is easy to read with good use of colour contrast. Well done.

Very erm... patriotic by the way!

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/18 3:40

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

It's a well put together site - nice and clean. Text is easy to read with good use of colour contrast. Well done.

Very erm... patriotic by the way!

Seven
  • 2003/11/18 12:49

• Seven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/16

Nice site... looks good, loads fast as well! Well done.

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
I also looked at GLOAMING.US Really like that theme best of all. Just one problem... the RHS of the page breaks up on my 1600.1250 screen. Calendar mis-aligns, and gray stripes pop out of place.

Yeah, that's a known issue, but really....who operates at that resolution anyway?

:P

Thanks for all the kind words. (To everyone)

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

sunsnapper wrote:
Wow! That is tremendous.

Thanks!

Quote:

sunsnapper wrote:
The only thing I noticed was... are you using two different reds for the text?

Compare the red as text labels at the word "Email"

to the headline text in the news item "Sanilac County Democrats Get New Website"

Never noticed that. Actually, the email form is migrated from their old site (which I also designed) and I never really paid attention to the difference in colour code. If I get bored, I'll clean it up. :)

Quote:

sunsnapper wrote:
I did note that the logo in the upper left corner "Sanilac County..." over the flag might be improved if the letters "popped" more. But, this is minor, and I'm not sure the benefit of the improvement would be as valuable as the time spent adjusting it. But, if you are looking for things to do, well maybe.

Ya know, I tried to everything I could to make it a little more readable, and that's about the best that it came out. The flag is very busy (why can't we have a nice simple field like other countries? *grin*), so it makes it really hard to put anything over it.

Quote:

sunsnapper wrote:
Hey, do me a favor and post your thoughts about my web site in this thread:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13664&forum=12

Do my best.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits