shidez
Block Title in multi-lang setting
  • 2003/11/11 20:14

• shidez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

Hi,

Have a questions about how the block titles are displayed in a mullti-language setting.

I recently installed Chinese language package and everything works fine except the block tiles are still in English (Main Menu, User Menu, etc).

I know I can change them to Chinese in Block Amdin page. But then I'll have problem when I switch back to English.

Although we've defined the block titles in XOOPS_VERSION.php and corresponding Language files. but XOOPS seems only display what's saved in the database (the same as on Block Admin page), and ignore the definition in XOOPS_VERSOIN.php.

I'm sure some of you guys have done some hack regarding this, and I wonder if you can give me some hint, so I don't have to spend time trying to re-invent the wheels?

mvandam
Re: Block Title in multi-lang setting
  • 2003/11/11 22:00

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

You'll probably find what you need in this thread:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10734&forum=14

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/12 1:56

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

shidez:

If nothing else happens, at most in a couple of days I'll release the XOOPSML (Xoops Multilanguage) package: a XOOPS 2.0.5a install that includes all the multilingual hacks I found applied to the core modules. At the moment the package is being reviewed and debugged by the members of the core team, to avoid any major stumble.

The package comes with spanish preconfigured and has instructions on how to adapt it to any mix of languages. So please have a little more patience and you won't have to reinvent any wheel!

Cheers.

shidez
  • 2003/11/22 19:52

• shidez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

Wonder if the XOOPSML is published and where I can downlaod it?

Thanks

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/22 21:25

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

shidez:

The package is out of the box, so to say. Here's the story and the links to download it:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1106

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits