gridguy
constructive feddback please.....
  • 2003/11/5 14:37

• gridguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/30

serverGRIDS.com.

I am building a business directory and search tool for the next phase of computer evolution - grid computing.

grid computing started out in scientific research where 1000s of computers are linked together using a Globus Toolkit to work seemlessly to solve math and other sci. problems.

Well, companies like Oracle, HP, IBM, Sun see this as a natural progression away from large honking servers - costing millions of dollars - to 100s of high-performance LINUX server blades (1-2 CPUs) with SAN/NAS storage in the terrabytes.

I might be a little to early to the same, but would rather get this type of thing built, rolled out and registered with the search engines as the big companies spread the marketing $$$$'s on grid computing. I am betting the farm it will take off...timing is EVERYTHING....

thanks in advance for your feedback...BTW...if you have something you want to register, feel free to add it to the correct category or post in this forum what category you need and I will make it so...

GG

sunsnapper
Re: constructive feddback please.....

It's a nice theme.

I would like to see the font size increase (or at least be adjustable by the user by using variable font sizes... like keywords, %, or em).

I think where you have the categories, it would be easier to read as two columns instead of three.

In general, it's important to prioritize information... make sure the user really needs to see everything you are showing.

Just some thoughts.

Mithrandir

I'd actually say that the 3 columns work rather well. If there were only two, the list would probably be so long that you didn't get the business listings on the screen in 1024x768 and might not even discover that they are in fact there.

Like Sunsnapper said, prioritize information - do you plan to use the calendar? Else remove it.
Is the "New members" block relevant? Else remove it.
Could the "users online" block be moved to the left? If so, then you could have much more information in the center block - or it wouldn't be so "crowded". Else remove it.

Good work

gridguy
  • 2003/11/5 20:04

• gridguy

• Just popping in

thanks for feedback...u r right...if not good for user to see it, take it off...freeup some real estate for main purpose....the business directory...

thanks again.

GG

gridguy
  • 2003/11/5 20:05

• gridguy

• Just popping in

much appreciated...i will fine tune the font size as its a lil small i admitt...

GG

Prophs
  • 2003/11/10 13:01

• Prophs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/16

Personally I believe you need to do better.. Thats the whole look from InvisionBoard forums..

There are some small things I would fix regardless including font size, font alignment and color choice.

Prophecy

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits