Bachus
Modules installation problem
  • 2003/10/30 15:54

• Bachus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/18

I have a very big problem installing modules.

The admin pannel says they are installed ok. They appear in the admin pannel, you can change the options. However, when you enter the modules on the site, they appear blank (not the whole page, just the place where the module should be).

on 2.0.3 (this has disppeared in 2.0.5), at the very top of the page (not in the log - above everything, including blue XOOPS title), there used to be 'file open failed' writen while performing the installation of a module for the first time (this would not appear after uninstall+install).

This happens to every module I try to install. Including the official ones. Has someone encountered this before? To me it looks like a permission problem, but since XOOPS doesn't say what file it can't open, I am finding it difficult to tackle the problem.

Help would be appreciated.

I have 2.0.5 at the moment (but the problem first appeared in 2.0.3) and no hacks installed.

DobePhat
Re: Modules installation problem
  • 2003/10/30 16:05

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

hmm, double check group rights....
on viewing modules...access rights.

and
also dble check permissions on you cache, templates_c and uploads folder. They be just about 777.

Are you using IIS services by chance? If so how are you uploading?

I will try and help...
but Im not that uch of an "expert"

Bachus
  • 2003/10/30 17:04

• Bachus

• Just popping in

I've set 777 to the whole site (i don't care about security very much if i can't do anything prouctive with the site...). It didn't help.

The modules appear blank while trying to view them logged in as the webmaster, so i don't think block/group permissions have much to do with it. However - i did doublecheck. The group/block permissions are set ok.

I'm on a linux/apache server.

svaha
  • 2003/10/30 20:20

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Maybe silly question, but in the administration/modules menu you can set each module to visible or invisible. Maybe you could check this

Aloha

Bachus
  • 2003/10/30 21:03

• Bachus

• Just popping in

The modules *do* show up in the main menu. It's just that they output nothing when you click the menu link.

Geez. I'd hate to perform a fresh installation.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits