Ace_Armstrong
Agenda-X: uploading a category

Is there a way to upload an entire category of events into Agenda-X? I'm doing essentially identical sites for local political organizations throughout the state, and I'd like to be able to upload all of the holidays, election events, and state-wide party events into these sites without doing so manually every time.

I'm sure I can do this by uploading something into the SQL database, but I've done just enough with databases to be dangerous. Is there an easy-to-understand way to do this?

Come to think of it, I'd like to be able to do the same thing with the links, too...

Ace_Armstrong
Re: Agenda-X: uploading a category

*bump*

Anonymous
  • 2003/10/31 16:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Try this (example for second site):

Make a copy of your mainfile.php and rename it to mainfileb.php and change all lines of the database information with the values of your first site (call it master site). Then change all calls to mainfile.php from agenda-x on your second site to mainfileb.php.

I don't know if this works. Just a guess.

wjue
  • 2003/10/31 17:08

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

you can probably make an export data file of your Agenda-X sql tables, change the appropriate table prefix with a text editor and fill them into your target data base.

wjue

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

wjue wrote:
you can probably make an export data file of your Agenda-X sql tables, change the appropriate table prefix with a text editor and fill them into your target data base.

Right....but I'm not sure how to get the files from my hard drive back into the database; PHPmySQL doesn't seem to have an upload function. (Like I said, just enough knowledge to screw things up.)

wjue
  • 2003/10/31 17:29

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

Use PHPmySql's SQL command/menu and give it the modified dump sql file.

help this helps

wjue

svaha
  • 2003/10/31 21:16

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

In the PHP4U/Mysql menu you can first select the Agenda X records in the dump menu. Select a dump of structure and data in the select box and choose "send". Now a sql file will be transferred to your hard disk.
Then (on the destination database) choose in the menu "processing SQL-queries" for a text-file and browse on your hard disk. Double click on the saved sql-file will start the process of entering data in your destination database. (This may take a while so drink a cup of coffee or something )
Because my menu is in Dutch, the names I gave you may differ. Good Luck

Aloha

--------------
Beam me up Scotty,
there is no intelligent life down here
http://www.rainbowshaman.com

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

svaha wrote:
In the PHP4U/Mysql menu you can first select the Agenda X records in the dump menu. Select a dump of structure and data in the select box and choose "send". Now a sql file will be transferred to your hard disk.
Then (on the destination database) choose in the menu "processing SQL-queries" for a text-file and browse on your hard disk. Double click on the saved sql-file will start the process of entering data in your destination database. (This may take a while so drink a cup of coffee or something )

I'll give that a try! Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits