nuker
image upload with news posts
  • 2003/10/22 13:44

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/12/14

you know what would be great?

if you can upload an image with a news post. is there a hack/mod for this?

the image manager process is a few too many steps for my totally unskilled user base.

Herko
Re: image upload with news posts
  • 2003/10/22 13:57

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The whole point of having an imagemanager is that totally unskilled users do not have to be bothered with uploading images themselves, but that they can choose from a selection of images ready for them. And not just them, for everyone. This means that you can give a few users access to the upload feature of the imagemanager, and give the rest a break, and let them select the images from the controlled imagemanager.

However, Catz has made the uploader avialable through his mydownloads RC1 hack, you could try and incorporate that into the news module.

Herko

theory
  • 2003/10/22 14:04

• theory

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

I want the same thing, I plan on having a completely non techy website too, so my poster peoples don't really know about uploading, but they can deal with a 'browse' button...

Is this how Catz' uploader thingy works? If so I'll give it a try, thanks for your help

nuker
  • 2003/10/22 15:11

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/12/14

i'm using XOOPS as a corporate intranet and often when a user submits a story, they wish to include a photo with the article.

that's why i am looking for a way to have an image upload included as part of the news submission.

currently, users submit a story, then email me the photos they wish to post, and then i add them. i want to cut myself out of this process.

having my users upload first via image manager, then going back to news submission would cause confusion. trust me when i say unskilled. i have people who complain their computer isn't working when there is a power outage....

chapi
  • 2003/10/22 15:46

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

But that's the way how it goes. Open up the image manager, select a category (e.g. News), upload the image and select it after that action.

I think following these steps are less time-consuming than sending an email, and the user can see how his news article will look in the preview.

I don't understand what is so complex with this procedure. Maybe you should write a small docu where you explain how to upload an image. This will save you much time (in continuing to upload the images yourself and redesign the newsmodule).

theory
  • 2003/10/22 16:22

• theory

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

how do you allow people to upload, but stop them from adding they're own categories etc..?

I don't want to allow people to upload pics which are above 640x480 or 500k.

Is there a way?

(sorry, I'm still very much a newbie, but I must say - this XOOPS thing is great!)

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits