Coplan
OS & Language specific modules
  • 2003/10/15 18:07

• Coplan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/2

I'm currently working on a module that allows one to track song submissions of members. It's fairly specialized, and I don't really intend the module for anything by my site. But, I would be releasing the module (and the source -- GPL) to the XOOPS community for others to hack with.

How here's the situation. Since it's much easier for me to work with minimal files for the time being and not having to worry about doing cross-platform & cross-language aspects of the module, I'm coding that way -- for now. The reality is that once I get the module functional, I intend to go back and clean up some of these things: Moving some of the instruction blocks to the language file, directory separator place holders, and so on.

My question is actually a very simple one to answer. I realize that this might be a somewhat backwards approach. But it's one that makes life less crazy for me. Supposing I finish the module and it's fully functional but requires Linux (or Unix based OS) and English, should I release it at that point? Or would you rather I wait until it's all sorts of cross-platform and cross-language (except that I won't do the translation) compliant?

Herko
Re: OS & Language specific modules
  • 2003/10/15 18:16

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You can release it as beta, and request that other people join the development and translation in making it cross platform... That way we can help eachother out!

Herko

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits