• 2003/10/11 13:18

• JohanFH

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/11

Hi,

I tried to install XOOPS 2.0.5, but got different errors:

first error:
language file not found.

I checked, the language file did exist, so I manualy changed the /install/index.php script to always include the english language script.

second error:
directory uploads, cache and templates_c not writeable. But I'm sure they are! Doublechecked it.
So I changed the /install/index.php (again) and set the error to false instead of to true. Then I could continue.

Everything went right for sometime,configdata could be saved, the script could communicate with the sqldatabase, the database does exist. Everything is green. But when I had to press the button to create database tables, that also didn't work. It just says: "Failed creating database tables." What could be the problem?

So third error:
Failed creating database tables.

Could anyone help me?
Thanks!
JohanFH

ackbarr
Re: 3 install problems, o.a. database and rights

can you describe the environment that you are installing XOOPS upon a little better. For example:

What type of server (Unix or Windows)?
What webserver software and version is being used?
What version of MySQL and php?

If you are unsure how to get these answers, create a new file called phpinfo.php in the root directory of your website. then in phpinfo.php add the following:
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

JohanFH
  • 2003/10/13 11:26

• JohanFH

• Just popping in

It's a Redhat server, with Apache 2.0.40, (plesk 6.0, phpmyadmin 2.5.1,) MySQL 3.23.54

The_Rob
  • 2003/10/15 4:59

• The_Rob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/21

Ok guys and Gals -

Please help. I have rebuilt the database, the website and did not have any errors during the install.

You can see for yourself athttp://lanwarriors.com

Nothing works except for the login - no mods, no admin, etc. When I try and log in using the admin account (newly created) I get "You do not hve rights, yet there were no errors when creating the account or database. I could use any help possible!

Thanks in advance!!

Rob Drescher

lykoszine
  • 2003/10/15 9:44

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Do you have the correct folder structure?

JohanFH
  • 2003/10/15 10:28

• JohanFH

• Just popping in

First: The_Rob: your installation has gone just fine. I checked it on /install/index.php and it's all up and running, no errors, the tables do exist, etc. The only thing is: you had to choose an admin account name when you first installed xoops. That one has to work. If it doesn't work, you could try to create another database (and delete this one) and reinstall. Then after the last step, you will be asked to choose an adminusername.

But about my question:

My folder structure looks right, but because it's on a server hosted somewhere else, I can't be 100% sure. But mainfile.php was found correctly, so I assume the rest of the folders is also correct.
But someone told me the first error (the language file) is due to an older version of PHP. The command file_exists() doesn't work all-right and I had to manually replace it by is_file(). That works for the first problem, but not for the rest.

So, the second and third problem are remaining. Can onyone help me with them?

Johan

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits