sefein
Newbie to Xoops... Old with HTML
  • 2003/10/11 7:26

• sefein

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/8

I already have a fully built site...http://www.abusefein.org.au The main reason I wanted to change to XOOPS was to gt rid of frames that I use on my site, and also for professionalism.

I'm new to Xoops.. and am having troubles with the Menu and blocks.... If you look at my site you see that I have many pages and different titles and headings on my Menu. I have found it hard to put my own titles etc in my XOOPS Menu. And also is it possible to make these sections (that are already on my site) into modules or main sections which can be placed in the Menu.

Also, my site does not really have a purpose for people to sign in.. and register.. How can I get ridd of the Lod In menu thing and the User Menu etc? If there are any website especially for Newbie's could you please tell me of them. Thanks

JackJ
Re: Newbie to Xoops... Old with HTML
  • 2003/10/11 16:22

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

You can just go to the user "login block", in blocks admin and change it from "visible" to invisible.

remember the path to the login i.e.

http://www.yoursite.com/user.php

you need to login yourself to get to admin. If user's dont login they will not see the user menu

wfsections is the content module you need , it also comes with a set of menu blocks, and you can define titles yourself. You can also paste or include existing HTML code in to pages you create. You are also able to set up as many sections and sub sections as you wish.

I am currently building a new site, XOOPS is happy to help new folk, but if I can assist, I have recently set up a forum for basic xoops. I intend to add documentation quite soon. I am not a coder, but happy to assist if I can.

macambridge.com

sefein
Re: Newbie to Xoops... Old with HTML
  • 2003/10/11 21:34

• sefein

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/8

Thanks so much,
I've installed the wfsections Module. Can you please explain to me a bit more about it though. eg What is the difference between an article and a section. Is there anywhere where I can see examples of botha dn their differences?

How do I edit what goes into my menu?

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits