abdala
PHP Help
  • 2003/10/9 15:36

• abdala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/5 1

Hi,

Quick PHP question if that's allowed:

I want to write the following in PHP but I don't know how since I don't know much PHP at all. In a table cell, I wanna do the following:

if ((address in address bar)==("string1")){
echo "string2";
}

How would I code this in PHP?

Thanks,
Abdala

lykoszine
Re: PHP Help
  • 2003/10/9 15:51

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Not a hundred percent sure howto get the address/path of the file off by heart, should be easy to find at php.net though

You cannot == strings, you need to use strcmp or something. (look that up also...)

How's that for some unhelpful help?

Draven
  • 2003/10/9 16:29

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

What part of the address are you trying to retrieve? Are you trying to get just a passed variable like ?this=that out of it? Or an entire URL likehttp://www.yourdomain.com. Or just the calling script index.php? Can you be a little more specific?

abdala
  • 2003/10/9 16:52

• abdala

• Just popping in

Hi,

What I am actually trying to is in the news module to separate the story title from the topic title. I managed to do that. Now, when I go to the index page of that specific topic, it lists the titles of the stories, but it is not obvious what the topic title is. So, I was thinking of checking the address (entire URL) in the address bar and hardcoding the story title in a different place in the page. Talk about terrible coding practice! that's how much I know though!

Another thing, I would love to be able to do what you did in your website, gaining-mass, collect stories of separate topics in separate blocks.

Thanks in advance,
Abdala

abdala
  • 2003/10/15 16:45

• abdala

• Just popping in

Hi Draven,

I would be really really thankful if you can answer my questions in the previous posting in this thread.

Thanks,
Abdala

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits