JackJ
Fix for multiple blocks in Admin
  • 2003/9/17 20:39

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Go into Groups and then the "Webmasters" group. Then put a checkmark in all the "system admin rights" boxes at the top, and then click "Update" at the bottom.

Be careful to not click "Update" until you have put these checkmarks in, or you will lose your system admin block.

Catzwolf
Re: Fix for multiple blocks in Admin
  • 2003/9/18 3:35

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Just like to add another point on this

If a user belongs to two different groups and these two groups have admin access to a module, then the icon for that module WILL show up twice.

It is suggested that all users should only belong (added) to one group type and not belong (added) to multipule groups.

GIJOE
  • 2003/9/18 7:17

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:
It is suggested that all users should only belong (added) to one group type and not belong (added) to multipule groups.

It is not a good idea.
The feature of group has many possibilities and purposes.

To avoid multiple icons being displayed, XOOPS core should be fixed at first.

I use a patch adding "$admin_mids = array_unique( $admin_mids ) ;" into cp_functions.php.

----------------
That's a obviously bug! It should be fixed.

rainplanet
  • 2003/10/4 7:35

• rainplanet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/9

Quote:
I use a patch adding "$admin_mids = array_unique( $admin_mids ) ;" into cp_functions.php.

Could you share here to which line you add that code?

rainplanet
  • 2003/10/4 19:35

• rainplanet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/9

I've got it. It is in line 63.

JohnF
  • 2004/2/23 10:16

• JohnF

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/23

Quote:
Be careful to not click "Update" until you have put these checkmarks in, or you will lose your system admin block.

And what can I do to bring menu back if I already do that?
Can I bring them back by .php code?

EdStacey
  • 2004/11/13 0:06

• EdStacey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

I'm sorry, but was this the fix for this sort of behavior?
Resized Image

This popped in on me right after updating to 2.0 of the forum software. strange, how do I get rid of the second one?

placebo
  • 2004/11/16 12:54

• placebo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/28

Not sure if iam off topic, but after upgrading 2 modules the blocks are doubled in the block administartion.

Haven found much on this Forums about it. IS there a fix to get rid of the double block entrys in the block administration ?

alitan
  • 2004/12/28 17:39

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Unfortunatelly this is not only a block problem , this is also a template system problem too! more over when you update a module , instead of just overwriting the templates, it will just add the new tempaltes, and keeps the old ones, you can easily seed all of templates in xoops_tplfile table in data base, and also xoops_newblocks table also include them for block, it think this is a core bug and should be fixed, and it happens only in version 2.0.9!

alitan
  • 2004/12/28 17:39

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Unfortunatelly this is not only a block problem , this is also a template system problem too! more over when you update a module , instead of just overwriting the templates, it will just add the new templates, and keeps the old ones, you can easily see the reasource of all new templates in xoops_tplfile table in data base, and also xoops_newblocks table also include them for block, I think this is a core bug and should be fixed,it happens only in version 2.0.9! also i have to mention that your way didn't work for me , because i already have checked all of my admin rights for webmasters!

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits