nightshade
Re: Cant hide email addresses in member profiles
  • 2005/6/18 18:45

• nightshade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/11

ok. not sure how to do that, but am at the point now where i am ready to try anything. i just dont understand why it worked at first after i installed newbb2. i logged in and out three times. came back about two hours later and havent been able to log in since

phppp
  • 2005/6/18 20:15

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

I guess now the only problem with you is the infinitively reloading a 'no permission' page.
To fix it, add a category and forum to you newbb with proper permissions as I told you in above posts.

Quote:

phppp wrote:
create a category and a forum

jdseymour

We got in phppp, he is currently working to apply permissions to the categories and the forums.

m0nty
  • 2005/6/18 20:59

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

in future, if it happens again, and starts looping.. u can login with the user.php link.. as normal..

once logged in if it then starts looping.. just press the 'stop' button on your browser this will terminate all action of the browser and stop it on the page.. you can then use the admin.php link to get into admin.. would have saved you needing to go thru phpmyadmin to change the start page.. :)

nightshade
Thank you all
  • 2005/6/20 3:37

• nightshade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/11

i thank you all for your help, especially jdseymour---he was exceptionally helpful and was able to find a solution to a problem that eluded us both initially. thank you very much.

and for anyone who ever has this problem, what i end up doing was upgrading to newbb2. We still are not sure why newbb1 did not hide emails addresses, as jdseymour checked all the settings and permissions. This worked well, and my registered members ar no longer able to see the email addresses of members unless that box is checked to allow them to do so. thank you everyone, and i hope to eventually become knowledgable with XOOPS to help others with the same commitment and passion you have helped me. thank you.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits