studioC
Re: looking for graphicians, help, partnership, cooperation
  • 2006/4/21 15:30

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello Mark,
please help me out on this, perhaps i do not realy understand what is intended to say.

Yes, this is an effort driven by some out of the community to get more visual appealing themes for the XOOPS communtiy. Why should we contact xoopsdesign.com (to name only one) if we can do this.

As far as I know they have nice themes for XOOPS and XOOPS forks and that is ok, as there are more, who do exactly the same. Did I have to ask anyone who is selling themes if it is ok to create a theme for xoops?

Please enlight my head on this, perhaps i'm missing something?
Michael

studioC
  • 2006/4/21 15:38

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

btw. it is not intended to sell these themes, they should be opensource and free for the community. It is not that much work for me to put some ideas into running xoops, for i'm doing nothing different for the past 4 years with my own ideas and inspirations.

I do see that many people want more grahic and visual themes, but i'm only a coder having html in mind not an artist of graphics. I can produce basic examples wich can be used but not that visual things.

I will sure learn on this and get further inspiration, but as said, it is not intended to sell these themes. Artists will get full credits and backlinks (footer or source).

michael

Clever
  • 2006/4/22 4:38

• Clever

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/24

I think some fresh new themes would be fantastic!
I am a graphic designer. and pretty good at it too, if I do say so myself!
I would be delighted to create a few theme designs...
My problem is that I am unsure what requirements need to be met.
I am not a coder, and don't understand the techie stuff, otherwise I'd have been submitting themes for a long time. I usually end up simply modifying graphics in an existing design!
Is there anyone who can define the parameters of the design, and then make the design into a theme? I can do the design, just not the rest...

Bassman
  • 2006/4/22 7:17

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Lisa, if your site is an example of what you can do, your designs would be welcome indeed!
All we would really need, is your concept of what a XOOPS site would look like, preferably in layered Photoshop or Fireworks format. I have personally used high quality .jpg files also. We would apply your design to the XOOPS theme framework. Obviously you know what the basic idea of XOOPS is: left column, CL,CC,CR,rightcolumn etc. If you have new ways to display these, all the better!

damaster
  • 2006/4/22 10:41

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Hi Michael aka studioC,

Why not to bring back that XOOPS Theme Forge project you hosted!?
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

JMorris
  • 2006/4/22 12:30

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I believe the point of this initiative is to acheive results quickly. By labeling this initiative as an "official" XOOPS Team, the people involved would be subject to the politics taking place here at XOOPS.org, which could potentially stunt our progress. By keeping this initiative independant for the time being, we can focus on producing results, not politics.

That is just my humble opinion on the situation. StudioC and Bassman may have different views.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/22 12:34

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Whatever actually gets the job done.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/23 5:05

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

**Cough**
Resized Image

- I can draw them out I just cant get the XOOPS code in

I had seen a theme on someones site that looked alot like this along time ago, I liked the orange things in the corners so those I took, as to whom to credit... no idea but if its you let me know.

abrizan
  • 2006/7/13 19:08

• abrizan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/14

Just like everyone else I agree that XOOPS needs better themes to at least show how powerful the template engine really is. That's why i started xoopstuner.com.
I've been talking to some artists and got some designs from a guy named karnage. I'll post one of his preliminary designs (psd) on this thread as soon as he makes it available. I'm interested to see what you guys will make of it.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits