TDE-Drums
Re: XHelp Pop email Not working - Cron help
  • 2010/6/19 14:41

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/14

Thanks Ghia!

I guess I'm confused on post #24 this statement:

"If you need automatic user creation, then you must do also following replacements:"

Is that for me or another post?, because my automatic user creation is working. When an anonymous user creates a new ticket the system creates a new non active account.

They get an email that asks them to "Click this link to activate the account"

This does not work. The link does not activate the account. The problem is that it was working at one time becuase when I first set the system up I tested this link in the email and it worked.

I can't say how the link stopped working in the email. The link in the email looks to be correct, but when it is clicked, the account does not get activated.

Also in the same email it asks the customer to "Click here to view the ticket" This also does not work anymore.

I did not bring up the email link problems because I was hoping to focus on the POP 3 email and getting that fixed prior to working on the other issues.

Since it is all the same module and I might be the only one having these problems, then maybe you can estimate the time to fix these problems directly.

I already work with a programmer for my OSCommerce installations for the last 6 years and he handles all of my fixes, module installations and custom programming.

Thanks

David

ghia
  • 2010/6/19 17:34

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Well the option for anonymous users submitting tickets is valid also for the emails received. The sending email adres is looked up in the users table and if it does not exist, a new user is created.

Here no problem with the activation link.
The activation link should be something like
/user.php?op=actv&id=5&actkey=fb3efd01
In the users table there should be a new user with the id of the link and the activation code should match. Before /user.php is your domain (and path) as with any other link on your site.

The ticket link as in eg a PM looks like this
/modules/xhelp/ticket.php?id=123
This link is not present in the activation mail:

Quote:
Thank you for your recent ticket submission to XOOPS Site. Your email username @ somehost was not found on our system so a new user account was created to enable you to track, review and add extra information to your ticket. Please note that you are not required to log into our support system to track the progress of your ticket as any responces made to it will be forwarded to you by email.

You can access your user account on http:// somehost /modules/xhelp/ by using the following username/password : username / password

You password was generated randomly, which you can change by editing your account settings.

To activate your account, please click on the link below:

http:// somehost /user.php?op=actv&id=5&actkey=fb3efd01

----------------------------------------------

Peekay
  • 2010/6/19 18:08

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:
/user.php?op=actv&id=5&actkey=fb3efd01

In Xoops 2.4, I believe the activation function was changed to register.php? It would have been user.php when the module was written.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

ghia
  • 2010/6/19 18:57

• ghia

It's deprecated, but still working.
if ($op == 'actv') {

$GLOBALS['xoopsLogger']->addDeprecated("Deprecated code. The activation is now handled by register.php");

$id intval($_GET['id']);

$actkey trim($_GET['actkey']);

redirect_header("register.php?id={$id}&actkey={$actkey}"1'');
    exit();

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/19 20:04

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

I get the email with the correct links, but when they are clicked on, they do not actually activate the account.

Here is a sample link from the email.

user.php?op=actv&id=29&actkey=0f1b0a9a

When I first installed the module this worked andI was just stuck with the POP3 email problem.

Since I have started changing things, the link in the email no longer works and the account will not activate.

I check the database and the activation code is there and it does match.

Maybe I should have an outside person test the forms and links in the emails to see if it is my browser or another internal issue.

David

ghia
  • 2010/6/19 23:16

• ghia

Humm, I'm puzzled by that piece of code in /user.php. Seems the op is missing. It should be
redirect_header("register.php?op=actv&id={$id}&actkey={$actkey}"1'');
Can't understand how the user here has become activated.

So, I retested to be sure.
It says 'Take you back to where you were' and then continues with /modules/profile/activation.php?..., so it seems when profile module is active /user.php got intercepted by /modules/profile/user.php, but don't see how and where, and there the op actv is not deprecated???
Anyway the link is working here due to the profile module.

Do you have the profile module activated? What happens if you click the link? Can you try the modification of /user.php?

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/20 0:49

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

When I activate the profile module you can't create a new account, so I had to disable that. I saw there were others that had the same problem and they just suggested turning it off.

Once I turned it off, I was able to create a new account and the system worked fine.

That is a good point though, I'm not sure when I turned that off and when I tested x-help as the new module.

Let me test that now and report back.

David

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/20 1:10

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

Ok, I just re-installed User-Profile and the activation email is working again. So that is why the email links worked in the beginning and then not later.

Once I turned the user-profile off, the email links stopped working. Now I turned it back on the activation email links are working again. :)

The good news is that the registration system is working with user-profile which was not working before. So the system is all together in that respect and functioning as it should.

I will run more tests and check all of the error logs prior to making any more changes to the system.

So, the only issue not working is the POP3. Can that also be tied into user-profile?

I don't see how, but it sure had an affect on the emails from x-help.

Thank you very much

David

ghia
  • 2010/6/20 7:37

• ghia

It is affecting the execution of the links in the mails.

For the POP3 to work, you need also all the changes listed in this thread, plus to make sure that the CRON operates from within the right directory, by doing the necessary cd, before executing the checkmail.php.

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/21 3:41

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

I'm sorry, but I'm still unsure of what more I need to do.

I did the changes in: Post 4 - Post 14 and Post 17, then someone else came in with questions and other code.

The only post I did not make the code changes was post 24 which also mentions at the top it is for "Automatic User Creation"

"If you need automatic user creation, then you must do also following replacements:
in /class/xoopsmailer.php"

I already have automatic user creation, or is this for something else?

There was a lot of back and forth and other posts, so post 24 is for the POP3 problem or another problem?

David

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits