Chris03
Re: Images problem
  • 2006/3/15 1:30

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Yes I can tell your awesome CMS skillz are paying of
Im dumb ??? Who has 2000+ websites running sucessfull? Who is on the forums asking a question that I answered 5456465 posts back??

Your not supposed to, the explain why it inst working Mr.Expert? Explain why XOOPS inserts the default banners into the database using the FULL URL!
KickassAMD

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 1:35

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

Quote:

Chris03 wrote:
Yes I can tell your awesome CMS skillz are paying of
Im dumb ??? Who has 2000+ websites running sucessfull? Who is on the forums asking a question that I answered 5456465 posts back??

Your not supposed to, the explain why it inst working Mr.Expert? Explain why XOOPS inserts the default banners into the database using the FULL URL!

Why you always brag about how much site you did and why don't you just answer wut im saying, you arent even reading what im writing and by the way you have 196 post and i have 16 and i just joined 30 minutes ago.

i dont see 5456465. and stop talkin me about how much site you got because thats just stupid.

just go back from start and read every post, READ, you know what is READ?
Stop writing anything, stop saying your expert, and dont say to me MR.EXPERT, cuz i never said i was, in fact i said THREE TIMES that i was not a pro and not a beginner, so where did you see i said i was expert?

obviously now youre just going with your ego, and youre not really trying to help me.

Chris03
  • 2006/3/15 1:39

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

Post removed - Please refer to the XOOPSiquette:
Be Nice! - We pride ourselves in being a tight-knit community that polices itself well, and we want to keep it that way. This means showing respect to all members.

Bluenova
KickassAMD

Chris03
  • 2006/3/15 1:43

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

Resized Image

Correct Way

Resized Image

Wrong Way
KickassAMD

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 1:50

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

Quote:

Chris03 wrote:
Post removed - Please refer to the XOOPSiquette:
Be Nice! - We pride ourselves in being a tight-knit community that polices itself well, and we want to keep it that way. This means showing respect to all members.

Bluenova

I never said i refused to believe you, in fact writing a full url will work, no doubt.

The problem is, im repeating myself for like the fourth time, when you move the website on another server, you have to change all grpahics url where you have entered a full url, and that is not supposed to be.

Not every webmaster can work the website directly in the server and with the url of the final destination.

i dont host website, so i gotta build wesbites in subfolders of mine, then ship it to the client.

And wut i said, is that the real way to build a website is to have urls to the root, except when you have ot use an external object, like a logo from an another online website for example.

Youre telling me you built all those sites, all those 2000 or i dont know sites, and all of them have full urls???????

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 1:55

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

Quote:

Chris03 wrote:
Resized Image

Correct Way

Resized Image

Wrong Way

if it is the wrong way, then why do the second option, the one i use since 2 years, and the on i just used for the banner, make the banner appears.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THERE

READ PLZ, I BEG YOU READ THIS cuz you didnt read my last post:

on the HOME PAGE it work, when i get to other pages it adds: module/news for example between the mysite.com and the images/banners/banner.jpg.

and it is not supposed to.

its supposed to show me modules/news/images/banners/image.jpg only if thats why i entered that in the banner admin.

now it doesnt work like im saying its supposed to.

but obviously, something is wrong with A: the version of XOOPS B: the theme that i installed or C: XOOPS as flaws

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 2:01

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

i just switched the theme to default and the problem is still there so it has nothing to do with the them so now i start over, then answer that:

the installation of XOOPS is perfectly new, and i entered full url but the image of banner dont show up, then i enter only the root url, and it shows only on first page.

you understand something in that?

Chris03
  • 2006/3/15 2:26

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

Plz contact me on MSN or AIM
kickassamd@hotmail.com

circuit256

I can assist you easier over IM :)
KickassAMD

iHackCode

yea it kinda sucks that the XOOPS banner thing doesnt have a special code for the site url like how the theme has that <{$xoops_url}> smarty variable. but there are other banner modules that you could try. i could only find
PhpAddsNew. in the repository. and i found this link to the it-hq site. Implementing PhpAdsNew into your XOOPS site
but they probably wont solve that whole banner problem (that you dont have to change every single path to the banner when you change the domains.). maybe there is a hack for the XOOPS banner system or something. or a module i dont know about.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 4:09

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bandit-X wrote:
yea it kinda sucks that the XOOPS banner thing doesnt have a special code for the site url like how the theme has that <{$xoops_url}> smarty variable. but there are other banner modules that you could try. i could only find
PhpAddsNew. in the repository. and i found this link to the it-hq site. Implementing PhpAdsNew into your XOOPS site
but they probably wont solve that whole banner problem (that you dont have to change every single path to the banner when you change the domains.). maybe there is a hack for the XOOPS banner system or something. or a module i dont know about.

so you agree that adding an image with the root url doesnt work on xoops, but thats the way it should be?

about that <xoops_url$> thing , im not wrinting it right but i tried to add that with the image source in theme.html file and it made images appear right on all pages, but thats weird,

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits