script_fu
Re: Spread Xoops Preject : Intrested people,please post here!

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Quote:

Some things never change!
P.S. When Compared to Joomla (project & discussions here)!

Joomla is business-project, XOOPS at xoops.org - new madness "social network". See difference

LazyBadger: Why dont you shut your mouth. In fact since you have been here you have done nothing but complain and treat people with utter contempt. Im tired of you and your politics. This was a nice place to stop bye until you and your mouth came here. Do us all a favor go to Joomla or shut your mouth.

Will_H
  • 2005/12/29 22:44

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I stated in my first post that I knew how old the topic was, but it sparked my interest so I wrote.

To say that the XOOPS project is dead... is just mean. lol.

Although many of the users who were around when this topic started are gone now. There are just as many new users learning to take it over. The issue at hand is funneling these new users into the project. So it all starts here. Giving them a place they feel comfortable asking for help and ensuring that we will try to help them as much as we can.

Building something is only phase 1

Maintaining it, will show its true strength.

I dont believe that anything about XOOPS is dead.

While I may not be a module developer, or a coder by any means. I am willing to offer up my time in any way that I can help.

Jharis
  • 2005/12/29 23:59

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Damaster,

I understand your point... but the community in some fashion does set the direction of XOOPS when they create hacks, mods, themes? However your direct point being a more hands on approach to what gets into the XOOPS road map first by the community before work starts??

I am not sure what Jason on the StudioC server tried to do, but why can't it start again here and now? A strong team can do much to influence Xoops. Smartfactory, wfprojects, & herv (isn't he a one man show?) are good examples of this and each have become a staple diet around Xoops.

We have some talented members that can make core hacks, code modules or build themes, but work alone instead of as a team. What is needed to get the ball rolling? Those that wish to influence XOOPS need to step up and form a projects team.

Damaster I am not picking on you. You are just a reasonable person that seems to know much of what could happen with a bit of direction. You posted a to do list below and named a few individuals. Is there a reason why others such as yourself and (lb, dccrusader, alitan, mikail, Wanikoo, Nu-nrg, ep8 & others) couldn't form a team and pick up some of these projects??

I am not being politically correct but I am trying to push people to work together. Politics aside!

Thanks alitan. I wish others would catch your willingness to work in a group. We shall see.

dream team.
insert name here!

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

damaster
  • 2005/12/30 14:56

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

As it will take some time to rewrite the future Xoops, we have time to discuss

here's a first "rush"

If we intend XOOPS as an young entity responsible for the young community as a whole. XOOPS should take care of the big picture.

Suppose, You are Xoops, and you have to admit that for you, too, the community project is mostly an abstraction: classes, handlers, processes, roadmaps, strategies, themes, teams, local support, forks, markets, etc.

Sure, you occasionally take a tour, live among your peers with whom you interact in running the project, some board members, and other leaders with whom you play on-line, have a drink and discuss a variety of issues.

Xoops should now recognize knowledge as a key source of competitive advantage in the e-business world, but XOOPS still have little understanding of how to create and leverage it in practice.

Second "rush" - Powered by You!

Doubts concerning the success of your operation and lack of trust in your capabilities is detrimental to the success of your work and take eventually to your own boycott.

That's because during your childhood and your adolescence, like the majority of people, you never questioned yourself about your hopes and your dreams. Other authoritary persons,
such parents or teachers, take the decisions that affect the course of your life while being said that you still "to young" to take good decisions. This continuous state of heteronomy means that most people are unconscious of their skills and their personal capacities...

At Xoops Theme Forge people start to contribute to the creation of a workspace based on the spirit of collaboration. Jason listened to the people needs and done the big work. He was fully engaged in the process of creating, installing, testing, communicating, and using knowledge.

He had also contacted several times the foundation and developers to get some help. There was useful information about accessibility, ergonomics, usability, graphics, etc. But someone took that work to create an individual business while keeping the site closed. Finally people surely left to their own resources too and the team project died.

Some people put hands over others projects and sign it. Mikail try to alert then over react when they remove the credits from his work. I know him from the beginning of phpnuke and since that time we share our work and ideas. Recently he helped me to build xoopserver - XOOPS running in an usb key (php/mysql).

I thinks it's the same # feeling for many people here. And that's why i think the community should review team leaders and tasks, democratically!
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Mamba
  • 2005/12/30 15:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
He had also contacted several times the foundation and developers to get some help. There was useful information about accessibility, ergonomics, usability, graphics, etc. But someone took that work to create an individual business while keeping the site closed. Finally people surely left to their own resources too and the team project died.

Who was that someone, and how did it happen? Are there any backups?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

studioC
  • 2005/12/30 16:40

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

But someone took that work to create an individual business while keeping the site closed. Finally people surely left to their own resources too and the team project died.

it was me who had to put the server down, but the project has died before. we gathered some interesting content but then most people stayed away.

the project was dead before the server was hacked.
it seems, nobody mentioned that the server was down, cause none of those contacted me after the server has gone smoking. And this is some month ago ...

Mamba
  • 2005/12/30 16:46

• Mamba

Quote:

studioC wrote:
it was me who had to put the server down, but the project has died before. we gathered some interesting content but then most people stayed away.

How can we get hold of that content? Where could we place it for others to access?

I think, this is an example in support of having all XOOPS related work on a central server, e.g. SourceForge, so if something goes wrong, we still have access to it, regardless whether people on the project are still active or not.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

studioC
  • 2005/12/30 16:51

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

of course, there is a backup of ftp but dunno if perhaps jasons has a never version of that. I dunno if it was that install or the server which was hacked and don't touched the backup until that.

Mamba
  • 2005/12/30 17:23

• Mamba

Quote:

studioC wrote:
of course, there is a backup of ftp but dunno if perhaps jasons has a never version of that. I dunno if it was that install or the server which was hacked and don't touched the backup until that.

So we have a backup, that's awesome!

Could you be please so nice and coordinate with Jason on who has the newer version, and then arrange posting on the SourceForge or on dev.xoops.org, whatever would be the proper location? Thank you!!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

studioC
  • 2005/12/30 17:31

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

there is an FTP! backup. that zip of sql i have is corrupt or broken.

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits