m0nty
Re: AMS 2.2 *again*
  • 2005/1/28 7:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

that does seem strange.. but ok on the PM i haven't got time to sleep anymore gotta be up in 2.5hrs if i do.. lol so not gonna bother with sleep today by looks of it.. so i'll take a look at it before i have to go out at 10am..

m0nty
  • 2005/1/28 7:41

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ok.. hmmm very strange indeed..

the 1st article i posted (id:7) submitted ok without previewing (but it did say article submission failed!)

the 2nd article (id: 8) wouldn't submit without previewing it 1st..

there's definitely something a miss somewhere & i don't think it's the module or a user issue either :S i can't put me finger on it..

Cavan
  • 2005/1/28 10:41

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

Just for 'fun' I installed the "Altern8news" module...I couldn't post at all with this one, not even with previewing the submission. I don't know what this means in reflection upon the other modules...

I deactivated/uninstalled Altern8news and resintalled AMS 2.2 and I'm still getting the same results.

In additon, I used the Firefox browser to submit a post (using AMS 2.2) and the same results occur (can't submit without previewing the article), so I think that eliminates the browser (IE 6) being the culprit here.

I'm stumped...

DonXoop

I had a few problems with AMS as well and it was always about the permissions. It wasn't intuitive and was very tedious to get it right, for each topic created. Everything seemed right but there were more permissions that had to be setup than what was apparent.

It works fine now but they need to work on the permission system before scaling it large as it is built to do. Double check Submit/Approve permissions, there are three levels you have to set. And the Audience levels too which will stump you if forgotten.

phoethein
  • 2005/1/28 14:48

• phoethein

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/25

If you guys won't mind, can I hijack your thread. I'm also encountering problem with AMS 2.2. After I installed AMS, I couldn't even go to "Topic Manager | Manage Articles | Submit/Approve Permissions". The only thing I can do is "Preferences". So, I turned on "PHP Debug" and following errors popped up! Please help me out to solve this too. Thanks a bunch...
Topic Manager Error
Fatal errorCall to undefined function: adminmenu() in /home/traffic/public_html/modules/AMS/admin/index.php on line 209
Warning 
[PHP]: main(functions.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file modules/AMS/admin/index.php line 35
Warning 
[PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'in file modules/AMS/admin/index.php line 35

Manage Articles Error
Fatal errorCall to undefined function: adminmenu() in /home/traffic/public_html/modules/AMS/admin/index.php on line 550
Warning 
[PHP]: main(functions.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file modules/AMS/admin/index.php line 35
Warning 
[PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'in file modules/AMS/admin/index.php line 35

Submit/Approve Permissions
Fatal errorCall to undefined function: adminmenu() in /home/traffic/public_html/modules/AMS/admin/groupperms.php on line 35
Warning 
[PHP]: main(functions.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file modules/AMS/admin/groupperms.php line 31
Warning 
[PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'in file modules/AMS/admin/groupperms.php line 31

Informations Required

Apache 1.3.33[Unix]
PHP Version 4.3.9
MySQL Version 4.0.22-Standard
Perl Version 5.8.0
Kernel version 2.4.20-31.9

Cavan
  • 2005/1/28 21:13

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
I had a few problems with AMS as well and it was always about the permissions...Double check Submit/Approve permissions, there are three levels you have to set. And the Audience levels too which will stump you if forgotten.

I'm not so sure I understand what you're talking about here: If you've read this entire thread, you'll see that I have set the permissions (Approve, Submit, View) properly, as per brash's instructions. As for Audience Levels, other than adding an audience in addition to the "Default" audience level, I don't know what you meant by this. Is there something that needs to be done with this part of the module?

Have a look at these pics and tell me if you see something wrong:

Topic Manager:

Resized Image

Submit/Approve Permissions:

Resized Image

Preferences (only two settings changed here):

Resized Image

Manage Audience Levels:

Resized Image

Edit: FYI, I have also double-checked (for curiosity's sake) my IP and timezones (server and default) under System Admin/Preferences/General Settings and they're set as they should be.

Edit 2: FYI, I have also read of other AMS 2.2 users who experience a similar problem, but they're reporting a "white page" when submitting and/or the submission actually appearing in the Manage Articles menu---to clarify my problem, this is not happening with my site at all. As I've previously stated, I can post an article only if I "preview" it beforehand, and then the article will appear (as it should) under the Manage Articles menu. If I try to post an article without previewing it first, there is no submission of the article and no appearance of the article under the Manage Articles menu...I just thought I'd make that clear before someone assumes that I'm having a cache problem with the AMS 2.2 module (see pic below for current cache settings):

System Admin/Preferences/General Settings/Module-wide Cache:

Resized Image

m0nty
  • 2005/1/29 18:12

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

the only difference i have in my setup to yours Cavan, is that i use By Topic View instead of Classic

wondering if that makes a difference???

Cavan
  • 2005/1/30 0:15

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

No...not a bit of difference. Still receiving the same results; but I do like the "view by topics" option better than the "classic view" (everything's not so 'spread out' and is easier to access).

Cavan
  • 2005/2/1 11:30

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Well, I'm still getting nowhere with fixing this...am I stuck with this? I think I might well be. Anyone else have any thoughts on how to fix this, or know of any other functional news scripts I can import into my XOOPS site?

jdseymour

Well my only problem when I first installed the module was the audience levels. I deleted the default, and made my own with the permissions I wanted. It has worked without problems since then.

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits