Posted on: 2012/4/12 19:57
Re: Fmcontent new version : Test and report bugs
I hope I can express my purpose correctly.
Many users use XOOPS for some Commercial websites. they need new options and Stability. we have news module. this module start in xoops 1 and if you check codes you can see Herve development this module but don't change module base. if you check oledrion module by Herve you can see correct xoops codes.
It not good idea for xoops each person start one module whit Different name and other person start other module whit other name.
Who development Smartsaction?
Who development Mastgo Publish ?
Who development News ?
Who development fmContent ?
The answer is : just one or two person. This is not correct way to development web tools. We need one module for static pages and one module for dynamic pages . Just two module and news is good name for dynamic pages module.
Voltan, maybe you're right, but ...
For me (I'm not a developer - only a tester, lang translator and administrator of several Xoops sites) in CMS I can have only one module for static and dynamic content (such as fmcontent, with its solutions), but! - stable and clonable.
Other modules may be specialized - a matter of choice, as who else needs it.
I just need to:
- Stable, error-free version of the module for content/news,
- Which gives the possibility of different sort for various topics! (by date, by name, by position) - not for everything in module in the same method,
- Which gives the possibility to choose which topics and articles are shown in the menu, and which are not
- Which in testing has a name OTHER than the pre-existing, used and popular module (like news, content etc.)
- At the end, which will be cloned - for my one of the sites - couple-commercial service (it vortal Polish Equestrian Federation site
- which has a very large part of the static content, broken down by sport, education, structure, competition organizers, etc. - it's very importand!
With that, I can continue my services to convince users that might want to use Open Source - because waiting for new versions of the any module it's able to me to set up sites to make them friendly. But... I need stable, errors-free version of content/news module.
When I have only the old stable versions of news modules (old Content is to poor for may services) and for a years only "betas" or "RC" new ones, it's very hard for me to discuss with my users, why we still use XOOPS.
If in addition the RC versions of modules have names the same, like used old produces, than it's difficult to help in tests.
In my opinion, it will be better to see a cooperation of our developers (eg. Trabis, mamba, Voltan) to produce (in short time) good, modern module for content =>(a great part of fmcontent is very fine, other thinks in publisher are good too).
We should imagine, that now we are living in Facebook time -there users have very simple, "stupid', but working units and they don't want to spend a time with not-friendly servises.