ghia
Re: XoopsLifeType module in 2.3
  • 2009/8/8 8:49

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Do you have:
Quote:
2. Ensure "ROOT/modules/lifetype/tmp/" and "ROOT/modules/lifetype/gallery/" are writable by the webserver (chmod 777);
?

barryc
  • 2009/8/8 17:47

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Yes, both folders are set to 777

barryC
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

barryc
  • 2009/8/14 18:49

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

I'm still hoping to get some suggestions on how to address my problem with installing this module. I just uploaded it again, this time to my live server (just in case there was a difference) and got a similar result. The module appears to install but accessing it results in a white page. With debugging on I get the following errors:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'SMARTY_DIR/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/myserver/public_html/aka/modules/lifetype/class/template/template.class.php on line 20

Errors
Notice: Use of undefined constant SMARTY_DIR - assumed 'SMARTY_DIR' in file /modules/lifetype/class/template/template.class.php line 20
Warning: require_once(SMARTY_DIR/Smarty.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /modules/lifetype/class/template/template.class.php line 20

ghia
  • 2009/8/14 20:33

• ghia

Try with enabling the definition for
define("SMARTY_DIR"XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/class/smarty/");
in /include/common.php again.

barryc
  • 2009/8/14 21:54

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

ghia,

you've done it again. That worked. I figured the problem was a lack of defintion of that variable but I would never have know where to find it.

Thanks.

barryc

barryc
  • 2009/8/15 5:56

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

Well, I think this issue of
define("SMARTY_DIR"XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/class/smarty/");

being commented out explains the white screen that some of you have reported. By turning error reporting on and with ghia's help I found that and enabled it and the module installed.

However, now I have the problem that sailjapan described. The module is installed but accessing the module brings up the admin default blog with Congratulations etc. There is no way to add a blog or to access other blogs, nothing like what is seen on the demo site. I did download and install Frameworks 1.22 from the Lifetype site, after renaming my original 2.3.3 Frameworks folder.

So, it seems we are back to the original question. Has anyone got this module to work under XOOPS 2.3.3? If so, how do we do it?

You can see what I get on my site at www.aka.org/aka/modules/lifetype/

Barry

ghia
  • 2009/8/15 8:38

• ghia

Tested with XAMPP 1.7, PHP 5.2.8 and had no problems with posting. I used /modules/lifetype/admin.php and selected there add new post /modules/lifetype/admin.php?op=newPost filled in title and some text, pushed on blog this and no problemo.

I saw the blog uses its own cache with a lot of directories. On some servers it might not be possible that these are created with the necessary rights to write.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits