Anonymous
Re: Protector 3.0
  • 2007/2/17 18:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

koumed wrote:

Warning [PHP]: require() [function.require]: open_basedir restriction in effect.

Reading all that stuff, and the line above in particular, it might be that the server isn't allowing that path to a tmp directory.

I had this issue and it needed my host to make a tmp directory writable.

I'm certainly no expert, so the above might be totally wrong.

koumed
  • 2007/2/17 18:59

• koumed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/17

so, what should I do now?
and what should i say to my hoster?

Anonymous
  • 2007/2/17 19:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
koumed wrote:
so, what should I do now?
and what should i say to my hoster?

I'd copy the message in its entirety to the hosting company's support section.

koumed
  • 2007/2/17 19:22

• koumed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/17

oki, Thank you :)

peterr
  • 2007/4/12 6:33

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

I'm 'redoing' a site after an attempted hack.

XOOPS 2.0.16 all installed okay, used admin a few times, and as I had already uploaded the protector files in their appropriate paths, went to modules in admin and it gave me some msg about XOOPS_TRUST_PATH not being defined or something.

Anyway, read up the docs on all this and am positive I have all the files uploaded correctly for Protector v3. Then I modified mainfile.php as follows:

define('XOOPS_TRUST_PATH','/home/username/trustpathname');
include 
XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
if (!isset(
$xoopsOption['nocommon']) && XOOPS_ROOT_PATH != '') {
include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/include/common.php";
}
include 
XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;

Uploaded mainfile.php, and now I can't login to XOOPS, msg ..

Quote:

DB connection failed, or wrong XOOPS_DB_PREFIX in mainfile.php, or broken config table, or broken Protector installation

which I see is coming from the file XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/class/protector.php'

// Preferences (for performance, I dare to use an irregular method)

$result = @mysql_query"SELECT conf_name,conf_value FROM ".XOOPS_DB_PREFIX."_config WHERE conf_title like '".$constpref."%'" $conn ) ;
    if( ! 
$result || mysql_num_rows$result ) < ) {
        die( 
'DB connection failed, or wrong XOOPS_DB_PREFIX in mainfile.php, or broken config table, or broken Protector installation.' ) ;
    }

I see from the install instructions from here , it mentions a 'config' path or file ??

Quote:

Turn permission of XOOPS_TRUST_PATH/modules/protector/configs writable

There is definitely no 'config' path or file in the Protector v3 archive.

No doubt this is a catch-22, the module Protector installation must create the ../config path or file , and also add the row into the 'config' table.

But I can't install the Protector module, as i can't login. :(
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

peterr
  • 2007/4/12 6:48

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

I see from this post that someone else had the same problem.

Commented out the 2 includes, upload mainfile.php, was able to login and install Protector successfully, logged out and uploaded mainfile.php with the 2 protector includes, err, 'included'.

The 'configs' path or file is still a mystery though ??
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

Anonymous
  • 2007/4/12 7:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
peterr wrote:

Quote:

DB connection failed, or wrong XOOPS_DB_PREFIX in mainfile.php, or broken config table, or broken Protector installation

I had this message when I created a test site from my current site using a different database. It was my database username that was incorrect in mainfile.php.......I changed the "database username" and made it the same as the "database name" and all worked well immediately.

jdseymour

Quote:
I see from the install instructions from here , it mentions a 'config' path or file ??

Quote:

Turn permission of XOOPS_TRUST_PATH/modules/protector/configs writable

No doubt this is a catch-22, the module Protector installation must create the ../config path or file , and also add the row into the 'config' table.

But I can't install the Protector module, as i can't login. :(

Here is how I did it, and it worked.

First I copied mainfile.php to my computer, modified it to define xoops_trust_path. Uploaded it to the server.

After I unzipped the protector archive, there are 2 folders included- "html and xoops_trust_path" I renamed "xoops_trust_path to the name of the folder I defined and uploaded to the proper position on my server. Then I uploaded the files in the "/html/modules" folder to the modules directory on my server. Installed the protector module.

Once completed I got an error like the one you posted above about broken protector install, so I edited mainfile.php to do the precheck and postcheck and uploaded to the server. I also went into the folder I defined as xoops_trust path and looked for "/mytrustfolder/modules/protector/configs" and chmod that to 0777.

Refreshed and all worked as expected.
HTH.

MadFish
  • 2007/4/12 8:26

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Someone should make a FAQ for this as it's going to confuse a lot of people, as it did me at first

I finished a doc/guide for Protector 3.01 last night, will post it tonight when I get home - covers installation, editing the mainfile and implementing all the security fixes step by step. Hopefully it will answer all the questions in this thread.

Quote:

If you extract the files out of the archive you should find the config directory somewhere down around xoops_trust_path/modules/protector etc. If it isn't there, then you have a dud download, grab it again.

Quote:
Warning [PHP]: require() [function.require]: open_basedir restriction in effect.

This is a security measure on your server that prevents scripts from opening files outside of your home directory. Need to talk to the host (but usually hosts give you access to one level of folders above the website root anyway, should work?).

Quote:
I created the folder alongside the public_html directory, but encountered the following problem while uploading files to the sub directory filters_disabled " Filename too long. Please try again "

If you don't want to run the plugins (and you probably won't), you may not need those files, as they don't actually do anything until you move them to filters_enabled anyway. See if it will run without them :)

davidl2
  • 2007/4/12 8:41

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

MadFish - a guide to this module would be great

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits