Aianda
Re: New module : auction
  • 2004/7/19 13:32

• Aianda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

not much by way of pure XOOPS modules and hacks on modscentral.com. e-xoops pretty much exclusively.

Herko
  • 2004/7/19 13:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

Aianda wrote:
not much by way of pure XOOPS modules and hacks on modscentral.com. e-xoops pretty much exclusively.

Yup, Modscentral made the move to e-Xoops a while ago. On the SourceForge.net XOOPS Project space you can find a list of over 200 downloadable XOOPS modules, that are available all the time.

Herko

Aianda
  • 2004/7/20 2:54

• Aianda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

Unless I've missed something, the sourceforge module page only works well as a second stop after the xoops.org news page to see what's been added, what each module does, and what has been updated. It's also good for finding the latest module once found on the xoops.org downloads page. ideally, every XOOPS module would be aggregated from around the web into something similar to this:

Os commerce module page

where there is info on module purpose, latest version to download, and news of its updates all in the one place.

chippyash
  • 2004/8/26 5:42

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Modscentral made the move to e-Xoops a while ago.

This is obviously off topic, but what is the difference between XOOPS and e-Xoops?

Ashley

chippyash
  • 2004/8/26 5:44

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

Kerjin

Do you need help with this? I don't see the project on the dev community.

Ashley

Bassman
  • 2004/8/26 5:45

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

e-xoops is (was) based on an old version of XOOPS - 1.3 i think.

chippyash
  • 2004/8/27 6:32

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

I really couldn't see an Auction project on the dev community so I've started one.

The module will be called 'Auction Rooms' and intends being a multi currency, multi category, multi room auction house, taking off where phpAuction stops. tall order I know, but you gotta aim high

As this is going to be a big project, I am doing it the old fashioned way, so requirements and scope definition first! Requirements is where you all can help. Go over to the project page, select the Functions tracker and add your requirements to the list.

Anyone interested in joining in should go to Auction Rooms

Ashley

carls
  • 2005/3/29 20:41

• carls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/10

did anybody bother finishing an Auction Mod ..???

chippyash
  • 2005/3/30 7:52

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

The project is still running, but with only myself on it, it takes time

Current status is;
Project called "Auction Rooms" on XOOPS Dev.
Preview and support is on my own website (downloads also linked)

Releases :-
1/ Code Data Management (CDM) to provide generic control of codes (e.g. country codes, currency codes) for a XOOPS application.

In progress :-
1/ Simple Accounts (SACC) to provide simple double entry, multi currency accounting for any XOOPS application. This module is nearly ready for beta release and I expect to give it a preview (on my own web site) in about a month.

2/ Common Addresses (CADD). Designed. Will provide a common repository for all address type data (postal, telephone, electronic) for any XOOPS application. Multiple addresses can be held for any particular entity, Addresses can be put on hold etc. In time, this module could form one of the legs of a CRM system.

3/ Payment Handling. In planning. Again, this will be a module that can be used by any XOOPS application.

4/ And finally... Auction Rooms itself. Using the generic modules outlined above, an auction system.

Part of the ethos behind the project is to write software that is genuinely reusable by other developers. For instance I hope that once CADD is released, someone else will put a display layer on it to create an online address book (whilst still allowing other applications to use the same address book for their own purposes.)

Hope this helps.
Ashley

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits