sgshell
Re:Convert PHP-Nuke User DB to XOOPS...
  • 2004/10/22 3:58

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

i have create the database from my backup...and it is a current working database for phpnuke with 4000 member in it....

this the step i do:
1. install the phpnuke database i want to convert.
(include setup user for it)
2. install XOOPS
3. setup XOOPS (and XOOPS it working, with emty modules)
4. set up the convert file
5. run the convert file.
Then the error occur..

Will this cause the problem in the phpnuke database, as the user id start from 2 not 1?

and that the errors it

poiinthepark
Re:Convert PHP-Nuke User DB to XOOPS...

hey guys.

I'm running a live php cpg-nuke site with 1100+ memebers and forums, i've set up my XOOPS site and started work on it, i have managed to port the users and the forums over with a little help of a friend even though it wasnt an easy task.

My problem is in the forums, i had an admin forum that was private for admins only and works fine on the cpg-nuke site, i have had some members test the XOOPS site and they can log in fine and view the forums, i have two memebers that couldn't post though and i have searched high and low as to why they can't when every one else has succeded, even i have logged in as one of them with their password and succeded at posting with their name, but my main problem is that every one has access to the admin forum and can read our private discusions.

In the forum admin i have created another private admin forum and moved all topics from the old to the new and set up group access for admins only but still it is viewable to registered users. it works fine when not logged in and it gives me notice that it is not visible to me then but as soon as i log in as a registered member i can view and post even if that user name is not set to admin rights.

Does any one have any idea what could be causing this?

would it be simple if i just set up a 3rd forum just for admins? or am i wasting my time? i have two forums running right now on the XOOPS site, both have the same topics in for the time being as i'm just testing before going live and closing the old site i'd then have to port the latest topics that have been added to the nuke site and sepeate the catagories into the two forums, one for social and technical forums and the second forum for events.

i'd be greatful if any one could shed some light on my issue but its the only one i have had with porting from cpg-nuke to xoops.

bimmer
Re: Convert PHP-Nuke User DB to XOOPS...
  • 2004/11/30 3:39

• bimmer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/30

Quote:
Here is a script that i wrote, based on the PostNuke to XOOPS conversion template. It's made to convert users, forums, news, downloads, weblinks, private messages, and groups.

NOTE: This script converts NSN Groups (from NukeScripts), I never used the PHP-Nuke built-in Group system that was introduced around 7.x. If you want to convert a non-NSN Groups table, you'll have to alter the script yourself.

This script was written with PHP-Nuke 6.8 + NSN-Groups as the site being converted to Xoops, so it is not guaranteed to work for your setup.

PHP-NUKE_TO_XOOPS CONVERTER

For me, I am using nuke 6.5, and the conversion script is returning errors. The errors:
- Update Regdate failed!
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /srv/www/htdocs/php_to_xoops_convert.php on line 118

To me, this means that the conversions cript isn't able to insert the nuke dates into the XOOPS regdate column. Most likely this is because the nuke regdate is varchar(20) whereas the XOOPS regdate is int(10).

Anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks
eric

PS I didn't modify the script line wise, otherwise, I used my username and password.

intel352
  • 2004/11/30 4:31

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

Apparently when I updated the script at one point, I moved the database link into a bad location in the code... anyways, I fixed it.

re-download the script and try again.

btw, make sure you make a backup of your database before running the script.

------------------------------------

pointthepark, i'm not sure what the problem is, haven't heard of that. if you haven't found a solution yet, i'd suggest starting a separate thread.

------------------------------------

sgshell, no, that wouldn't cause the error. i believe the problem is something that i just corrected, please re-download the script. sorry for the extremely late reply, i never received notification that you had responded

PHP-Nuke to XOOPS Converter

egbringas
  • 2004/12/23 8:47

• egbringas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

am trying to d/l the file but it seems that the link is not working? i would like to try the script.

thanks

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits