Re: Proposal: Towards A Sustainable Open Source Project
  • 2007/10/28 6:17

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

* davidl2 as well

sailjapan

sorry, must have missed his post amongst all the dross.
Hello Davidl2. welcome to the team.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

BlueStocking

@phppp,

IF you could set up the sub-domains, would you?
and give us access in a timely fashion so we could continue our works on sub-domain.xoops.org?

RE: Post #81
Quote:

Giba wrote:
I might be wrong, but if the keys were in the hands of phppp the server, he already could create the sub-domains and receive some of the work here in xoops.org

phppp wrote:
Sorry they were not in my hand.
Hope the issues will be solved one by one soon.

vaughan
  • 2007/10/28 11:42

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

personally as i've said darcy. my posts about Damaster are very RELEVANT to the thread because YOU & other people NOMINATED him to be part of this so called committee.

I voiced my disgust at his nomination, and gave the facts of his history..

so they are frakin Relevant!!

and if you lot can't understand my concerns about Damaster, then by god, what confidence does the rest of this community have in this committee?

you can't even enforce your own terms of use, otherwise he would be banned instantly without the need to vote on his banning. the terms of use states clearly that violation of those terms will mean the user will be banned immediately.

what confidence does the community have when you all can't even deal with someone who has illegally used other peoples accounts from illegally obtained password hashes?

what confidence does the community havew when a committee member says they can't even see anything that Damaster has done wrong?

the picture they are pushing out is

"hackers & crackers are welcome to particpate on this site in any capacity, you will be allowed to illegally access other peoples user accounts, you will be allowed to post malicious content and false information and personally attack people whilst using those accounts you gained access to illegally. in fact you are quite welcome to hack xoops.org and do anything you want, the community here will embrace you with open arms for doing it, in fact the community will also nominate you to become part of it's committee"

that is the message you are pushing out by ignoring my remarks about Damaster. and yes they are relevant to this topic because he was nominated!! if he was not nominated, then they would not be relevant. but that is not the case.

BlueStocking

This wasn't or isn't a election, it is a call for volunteers. That is all it is....

volunteer to help if you want...
or not,

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

vaughan
  • 2007/10/28 12:08

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

i am helping

i am helping the community a lot by calling for Damaster to be banned from this site for violating the terms of use, and for unauthorised and illegally accessing other peoples accounts without their permission.

i am helping the community by disclosing information that you keep trying to hide & put on the back burner.

i am helping the community by informing them of his actions & intent. I am helping the community by asking for him to be removed.

oh and your comment about what does it matter because this is XOOPS and not a site where confidential information is held is not good in itself.

you are saying that because there is no sensitive or confidential nature of this site, then people shouldn't be worried about people like Damaster illegally accessing their accounts. it's the #OOPS# principle, not the results that are the crime.

but for 1.

by gaining access, he can get access to users personal emails even if they have chosen to have them hidden from view, he could gather a list of everyones email and sell it to a spam company.

he can read personal messages, and my dear, do you actually know how many people here who have requested help, and as part of the help they receive, might need them to disclose their server login info & passwords etc.. this is sometimes passed over via PM or via email. so yes just by gaining access to other peoples accounts and reading PM messages, he could inadvertantly get more server login info & passwords by reading PRIVATE messages.

so there are far more security & privacy implications than a little.

and by allowiung him to get away with it, you are bring XOOPS into disrepute by breaking a websites highest rule which is 1 of PRIVACY, and a breech of data protection acts and other laws worldwide.

Anonymous
  • 2007/10/28 12:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

I think, somewhere earlier in this thread, I was nominated.

The answer's "Yes" if that's what the community wants, although I fear I may have hacked-off one or two members this morning!

I've also had a request to delete some of the "off-topic" posts that have been made in this thread. Post #106 was referred to in the request (which didn't come from Crip!).

I'm happy to do this if those who've contributed agree. Obviously, I'll work backwards........ and try not to delete the good stuff

Yes?

vaughan
  • 2007/10/28 12:22

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

and i disagree Jay, my posts about Damaster are very relevant, because he was nominated. if he wasn't nominated then they wouldn't be relevant, but he was nominated, so they are relevant.

Anonymous
  • 2007/10/28 12:25

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
vaughan wrote:

and i disagree Jay

That's me, yes?

Quote:
vaughan wrote:

my posts about Damaster are very relevant, because he was nominated. if he wasn't nominated then they wouldn't be relevant, but he was nominated, so they are relevant.

Noted.......

BlueStocking

You are added...
http://www.xoops.net.br/index.php?title=Talk:Proposal

The side bar has the link to proposal and the link I just passed you is the discussion page.

I just finished compiling the main points...
if you see errors or omissions, correct them please.

Thanks
...darcy
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits