Anonymous
Re: backend.php is good but what about a sitemap.php?
  • 2008/11/23 12:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

Great work wishcraft

I hope you package it and submit it to hacks section at xoops.or news.

ghia
  • 2008/11/23 14:29

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
for example a section of this is like:
<urlset> <loc>http://www.bee-unlimited.co.uk/modules/content/?id=1</loc>

Shouldn't it has to be:
<urlset><url><loc>http://www.bee-unlimited.co.uk/modules/content/?id=1</loc>

tank1955
  • 2008/11/23 17:27

• tank1955

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/9/7 1

Fantastic article wishcraft.

I have installed sitemap 1.30b on my site and tested it to see where it falls short based on all the points you have made. The XML file it generates seems to work properly but only includes the required tags. Optional tags such as 'lastmod', 'changefreq' and 'priority' are only created for the site's home directory.

The only real shortcoming is the lack of help information provided for users that may not fully understand software design and implementation. For example, there is only a short blurb in the download section about placing the xml_google.php file in your root directory and then register it with google. But I could not find any of this information provided within the software package.

I have been making some of my own hacks to the module mainly in an attempt to make it more user-friendly.

Robustus
  • 2008/12/6 10:42

• Robustus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/19

For Yahoo its called urllist.txt and it has an another format than the Google one. But i think a Google Sitemap is more important than a Yahoo one.

whatever, the most important thing of Sitemap is like already wishcraft said: Creating the Content dynamic on the Fly, e.g. News-Postings, Forums-Post etc.

A perfect working Sitemap (here Plugin for wordpress) whith the ability to to ping Google automaticly, exclude Pages (e.g. Contact, Privacy Police, etc.) and much more Settings can be found here (maybe usefull for Developer).

wishcraft

Believe it or not, I have been making some code changes for the sitemap, the same sitemap exists for all browsers as it is standardised by sitemap.org.

Normally you add a sitemap to yahoo with their siteexplorer.yahoo.com or somewhere like that with yahoo, the same tools exist for live at webmaster.live.com or the google tools.

The content module is the main module for display content in XOOPS history it was the earlier modules developed.

Now if you check xoops_version.php of the latest X-Center (Content module revamped for 2.3).. There are a couple of addition for snooping of this information from modules into the backend and the file sitemap..

If you want other filename for them you can do this with .htaccess file just pointing at the php files.

If you want to see and example of snooping check out the RSS Snoop in the re-aggregator.. This is as a sitemap is maximum of 10Mb's and the backend will at least retort for the modules to all have an rss base for the backend for the entire site..
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

pablo103
  • 2011/4/17 19:43

• pablo103

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/2/3 1

i ve installed module google sitemap and registered xml_google.php in google webmaster center, however i m getting error

Unsupported file format
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits