trspice
Re: Catalog module search - Any available?
  • 2007/9/22 1:35

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

Billy, that is what I was trying to achieve. Only I want it to work with Xoops. Does it cross list?

I have done some layman hacking and got the thumb image to be bigger.

I need the feature thumb to be 244px wide so I increased the value in the xcgal admin. Ofcourse that brought all thumbs to that size so I had to apply a style attribute to the other thumb display templates of xcgal which keeps them at 80x100.

There are negatives with this though. The page which displays an album's thumbnails has increased load time due to bigger file sizes of the thumbs though visually small. Because of this I would still like to properly hack the operational coding to make just that feature block show bigger images, so if someone has a solution please let it be known.

You can take a looksee at how it is functioning. The left top column has the xcgal Static Thumbnals block displaying 2 images randomly on each page load. The top center has the Meta albums block. It is not yet live so there is no domainhttp://69.72.214.2/~thatswzu/index.php
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

script_fu

Cool site I use to live in tampa!

I tell ya, you are going to have problems down the road because the site just wont flow right. You will lose people on how its set up.

I think your best bet is wtravel's module efqdirectory. He might even give you some pointers on how to pull it off.

I have wanted to pull off the same thing you are trying to do for a long time.

I had it set up many different ways. I even built the site out of drupal, joomla & XOOPS even once trying to use john cox's xaraya. I am sure that xaraya could have done the job but I got lost in the code. I have mixed calendar features with a bunch of different gallery's.

There was a shot at pulling this off a few years back with a chick that doing some hot sites with xoops. She started a project over on dev. Im trying to remember the name bandcal gigcal something like that. I think she figured it all out then never released the code. She hacked the hell out of a calender and had a sweet setup.

I will look around for some links for ya tomorrow.

I could never get what I built up to my standards. It would confuse the ordinary web users I would demo it on.

Anyway I think your best bet with XOOPS will be with wtravel atm. I think your off to a good start dont get me wrong.

Keep on posting... You have my attention.

script_fu

Heres an idea... Look back thru my posts 2005 maybe 4 you will see all the excitement from all the users about marjuan or something like that about her band calender.

I have links to some of her work. I checked on some of her sites not to long ago and most were gone. I'll go back thru them for you on sat...

Xman04
  • 2007/9/22 12:38

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi trspice,

You may want to take a look at the Mastop Publish module. It is a type of page management system, where you can create pages of content and subpages of each page. It has a very impressive menu management system, which makes it easy to create directory or catalog type systems. I just started experimenting with this particular module, since I need to make my own directory/catalog type feature on my site. It looks like it is going to meet my needs.

However, this may not be a solution for your particular needs, especially if you need more of an event driven catalog search engine, or want something more automated/structured (as far as how you add and manage categories, dates, images, etc.). It primarily focuses on giving you a framework for creating and organizing pages in a hierachy, and it looks like it does a great job of that. It relies primarily on the manual coding of your own pages (although it comes with a lot of great formatting tools).

Anyway, I'm not sure if this will help at all, but figured I would mention it anyway. Below is the link to the module developer's site, where you can download the latest version.

Mastop Publish Link

trspice
  • 2007/9/22 19:31

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

Billy, I haven't yet looked through your 2005 posts but will certainly make the time to search.

Xman04, I did experiment with Mastop Publish but it required manual creation of many pages and also manual linking.

The XCgal module has turned out to be very effective and very simple. The built in search tool is perfect as it searches only within xcgal and looks at image name, assigned keywords and description. The negative though is since there is no crosslinking, when I add same events to multiple categories, the search returns multiple results of the same event. I can live with that though.

A problem I now have is I have TinyEditor module installed but it won't show as the text editor in xcgal. Only the DHTML editor is available and I need to place an IFRAME within the description. Is there a method to post HTML using the DHTML editor or is there a hack to make TinyEditor show up? I tried [html]code[/html] but nothing happend.
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

zyspec
  • 2007/9/23 1:38

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

trspice,

If all you're wanting is to link the item in multiple categories then mx-directory will do that (and I'm pretty sure efqdirectory does as well although I'm not as familiar with that module).

Adding a listing to multiple categories in mx-directory can only be done through the Admin panel though - so I'm not sure that will meet your needs. To add a listing to multiple categories you do the following:
- Go to mx-directory module admin
- Select Categories tab
- Select the listing you want to add to multiple categories in the form in the lower right
- Click "Modify this Listing"
- Select up to 5 categories for the listing
- Click "Modify this Listing"

You're done...

I can send you a link where I have listings linked into multiple categories if you're interested. It's a test site so I don't really want to "publish it" here but if you're interested just send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

EDIT: Oh yeah - and it has search capability for only the MX-Directory module too...

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits